• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Star Fox *Discussion*

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • Star Fox *Discussion*

What do you guys think of the Star Fox series? You know, the Lylat Wars, the Adventure series, the Apparoid Invasion, and the Angler threats. Or in other words, these are the Star Fox video games:

~ Star Fox (1993)
    ~ Star Fox 64 (1997)
    ~ Star Fox Adventures (2002)
    ~ Star Fox Command (2006)
    ~ Star Fox 64 3D (2011)

Which one of the Star Fox did you enjoy the most / least? What do you think is next for Star Fox in terms of Storyline, and Mechanics? How about the Star Fox characters? Which one is your favorite?

Feel free to state all thoughts here!

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I've only played the first two, and I only owned 64. I loved them to death.

Similar to the Descent series, they tried to make the missions more varied in the third installment, but it seems it didn't really work that well.

SF64 is one of my private obsessions, and obviously one of the first 3DS games I ordered had to be SF643D.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Good timing since I (re)bought Star Fox 64 3D yesterday.

Great game, by the way! I should have realized the amount of content it has much sooner though.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I haven't played Star Fox 64 in a looong time, but, it was a fun game! I used to try and beat my old high scores in the different planets; as well as try and get every singly metal for each planet I visited. Normally I take the 'hard route', and go through places like Zoness, MacBeth, Area 6, and the Star Wolf II version of Venom. It was a tough route, buuuut, it was for the sake of scoring. ;__;

Did anyone play the other star fox games - star fox assault, command, and adventures? I really love adventures, assault wasn't too bad, and, well, I thought that command was a little different, but, it was fun after a while~

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Star Fox, along with F-Zero, is one of the underrated Nintendo franchises IMO. They seem to want to shove Mario and Zelda down our throats every time they get the chance, but the other franchises are left aside.

Raczack

Gunslinger
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2015
    I easily enjoyed the N64 installment the most. It had balance, pace, and everything I wanted in the game. The variety of missions and ability to branch your path continuously was a blast and really added to the replay value. I keep checking for a new installment that could breathe the same kind of life and excitement into the series.

Now then, I was devastated the other day when my SNES died. I was trying to fire up the original for another swing. It was a great game in its own right, but growing up I always found it on the tough side. Was hoping to prove myself wrong, but that will have to wait until I get this thing fixed....

As for Assault, I have two main thoughts on it. It was a lot of fun and I would not bother replaying it any time soon. Too linear, too much distraction from the rail shooting, but it was good while it lasted.

Never touched Command or Adventures.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Star Fox, along with F-Zero, is one of the underrated Nintendo franchises IMO. They seem to want to shove Mario and Zelda down our throats every time they get the chance, but the other franchises are left aside.
    Look, I love F-Zero as much as the next guy (not so much Star Fox, though), but do you really want to ask that question? The answer is obvious, sales. Star Fox and F-Zero sell CRAP compared to Mario and Zelda.

And does it matter if they milk Mario and Zelda if the games are still up to quality? What's there to complain unless you're not into the genre. (In which you should speak for yourself.)
    And I also don't get this "other franchises left aside", with the Wii and DS there were:
    -2 new Wario games
    -A new Star Fox
    -A new Sin & Punishment
    -2 new Rhythm Heaven games (one of them being the first to be localized in the series)
    -5 Warioware games
    -Around 5 new Kirby games
    -A new Smash Bros
    -5 Donkey Kong games (one of them being a revival of the Donkey Kong Country series)
    -2 new Yoshi games
    -3 Fire Emblem (albeit one wasn't localized)
    -2 Chibi-Robos (one wasn't localized as well)
    -2 new Advance Wars
    -2 new Animal Crossings
    -New Tetris
    -New Picross
    -New Starfy
    -4 new Metroids
    -new Golden Sun
    -new Punch-Out!!
    -Obviously Pokemon
    -A BUNCH of new IPs (Hotel Dusk, Ouendan, Another Code, Elite Beat Agents, Wii brand games, Brain Age, Nintendogs, Meteos, Xenoblade, Last Story, among others)

And then with the 3DS and Wii U we have:
    -A revival of Kid Icarus
    -A new Luigi's Mansion (No, I don't consider this a typical Mario game)
    -new Pikmin
    -new Bayonetta
    -new Fire Emblem
    -new Animal Crossing
    -a remake of a Star Fox games
    -A new IP in Wonderful 101 and X
    -new Warioware spin off
    -new Donkey Kong Country
    -other stuff i dont feel like remembering

among other things. Hardly shoving down our throats. Or maybe it seems that way because people are ignoring all the above titles (most of them sold bad) despite all the whining. :/ Oh, and they're quality games. Elite Beat Agents is better than pretty much 95% of any game I played.

This is coming from someone who considers Wario Land and Rhythm Heaven his favorite Nintendo franchises, which are pretty much niche. Even more than F-Zero and Star Fox.

To be honest Star Fox isn't much of a loss with how there hasn't been a great game since 64 (and even then I think 64 is a bit overrated as much as I'm enjoying it right now). F-Zero is a much bigger tragedy.

Back