• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

I'm not really a Trek fan, but this is a great movie, and even if you aren't really a Trek fan just like me, you'll enjoy it. It's also very funny! The Enterprise crew have alot of hilarious episodes. Like Spock not understanding Colorful Metaphors, Scotty not knowing how to use a Macintosh computer, and Spock not knowing what exact change is. One of the best scenes in the film are when Chekov and Uhara are asking a police officer where the Nuclear Vessel is. Priceless. And I also like these scenes:

1.[after landing and cloaking a Klingon spaceship in Golden Gate Park]
Kirk: Everybody remember where we parked.

2.[Kirk and Spock enter a bus headed for the aquarium... only to exit the bus about 2 seconds later]
Spock: [to Kirk] What does it mean, "exact change"?

3.[Explaining Spock's odd behavior to Gillian]
Kirk: Oh, him? He's harmless. Part of the free speech movement at Berkeley in the sixties. I think he did a little too much LDS.

4.[Spock is still learning how to use profanity correctly]
Spock: They like you very much, but they are not the hell "your" whales.
Dr. Gillian Taylor: I suppose they told you that.
Spock: The hell they did.

5.[faced with a 20th century computer]
Scotty: Computer. Computer?
[Bones hands him a mouse and he speaks into it]
Scotty: Hello, computer.
Dr. Nichols: Just use the keyboard.
Scotty: Keyboard. How quaint.

6.Spock: Your use of language has altered since our arrival. It is currently laced with, shall we say, more colorful metaphors, "double dumb-ass on you" and so forth.
Kirk: Oh, you mean the profanity?
Spock: Yes.
Kirk: Well that's simply the way they talk here. Nobody pays any attention to you unless you swear every other word.

7.Kirk: If we play our cards right, we may be able to find out when those whales are being released.
Spock: How will playing cards help?

8.Dr. Gillian Taylor: Are you sure you won't change your mind?
Spock: Is there something wrong with the one I have?

Okay, I don't wanna spoil it. :)

Last edited:
Back