• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Staraptor Or Skarmory

Skarmory or Staraptor

• Skarmory

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Staraptor

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

LegenZs

The Place Of Death
Years
  • Which one is your favorite pokemon.

Skarmory has Quad Weakness to Electric. But has great defense but low speed
    Staraptor has weakness to electric and ice. Has Great Speed Great Attack. BAD Defenses!

VOTE IN POLL
    ~LegenZs

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Yes! Another OP who didn't include a poll to encourage posting...

Skarmory can handle Stealth Rock, and a Roosting Skarmory is deadly.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • The metal Skarmony has edges him over Staraptor, whom is a very strong bird type pokemon. I love how Skarmony was designed and his type combo. A steel/flying type? Really awesome I'd say.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I want to say Skarmory, but Staraptor is just cooler and can kill Skarmory witha quick Close Combat.

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Skarmory is pure win!
    Steel/flying is perfect and electric aint effective :]

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • I want to say Skarmory, but Staraptor is just cooler and can kill Skarmory witha quick Close Combat.

Calcs beg to differ :P
    Using standard spiking set with Skarmory, against a Choice banded +natured 252 attack EV'd Staraptor, Close Combat does max 43%, and fails to 2HKO even with Stealth Rock up and going.
    To make matters worse, Skarmory can simply Roost off the damage, and doesn't necessarily have to stall him out of CC's meager 5 or 8 PP.

(And Skarmory is slower than Staraptor, so it can Roost without fear of being hit with a SE Close Combat)
    558 Atk vs 396 Def & 334 HP (120 Base Power): (36.53% - 43.11%)

Since Skarmory is slower and CC has some very unwelcome defence drops, after two hits from CC, Skarmory will completely demolish Staraptor with a STAB Brave Bird:
    212 Atk vs 88 Def & 312 HP (120 Base Power): (99.36% - 117.31%)

This is assuming Staraptor isn't intimidating Skarmory, but if it did, then you'd just have to stall it out for another round :D

Gentlemen, Skarmory is the winner, w/o a doubt.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I've always liked Skarmory better than Staraptor. /o/ I've never actually used Skarmory for a long time in battle, or anything, but just the design makes it a winner. that and it's a johto pokemon, so this is kind of biased, but meh.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • Skarmory doesn't have a quad weakness to electric. In the long run, Staraptor is better for a strong, fast attacker and Skarmory is more of an annoyer to your enemy.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    They're used utilized completely differently...

Whatever.

Skarm.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • Skarmory ftw! A metal bird with feathers, that are used to make swords? Hell yea!

Years
  • I like skarmory over staraptor I have been training both of them and the stronger one in battle Is skarmory i trained them both a the same time but i think skarnory is better

Ayselipera

I prefer Skarmory. It just has a cooler design and Staraptor reminds me too much of Pidgeot, but more boring. I don't know what it is about Staraptor, but I just don't like it.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I really don't know why are comparisons based only on pokemon who are totally different to each other?(well, at least they play different roles!)
    Skarmory-It has great defence and is very good at annoying.
    Staraptor-It has both good attack and speed and also has some powerful attacks to use those stats.
    So both of them are very different considering the roles they play in a team. Skarmory is an annoyer and Staraptor is a sweeper.
    So the one I prefer is...................Oh lets see............ I can't choose!!O_o
    I prefer Staraptor for attacking and Skarmory for annoying.(I can say that I guess!)

Back