• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Stars of Sinnoh [OOC] [T]

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2015
    Hey, I'm Cayo's brother (no joke) and he told me about PC. He's been hit pretty hard recently and hasn't really been talking. Cooped up in his room with Arceus knows what. Not sure when he might be back, but I've been talking to him.

I asked him about this when I realized he was the old GM (even though I didn't know he was a roleplayer) and he asked if I could take over his character.

So, I wouldn't mind taking over for Bro. As long as you deem it okay. I was actually impressed with the character.

Years
    I posted a GM post. I am trying to keep the group together, to force interaction, but mainly to keep the RP manageable. If you aren't at route 202 at the moment, don't wander off towards other routes, but move towards Jubilife. For the players that haven't written a post yet, you can still converse with professor Rowan, but you must move towards Jubilife as soon as possible. I also added a trade- and adoption centre to Jubilife, to replace the GTS, as that's mainly a game mechanic. If you want to adopt one of those pokemon or trade them, you can reserve, but make sure you post within three days of that reservation, otherwise another player may just grab the pokemon.

I was also thinking about Cayo's character, Bro. I'm not a fan of just giving a player a second character, but I don't want to just throw him out. I was thinking about either let him travel with another player every so often, like a sort of Tracey to our Ashes. That way we can develop him together, and he gets to move around, and he's a team effort. The other plan is to make him a sort rival NPC, that shows up throughout our stories and interacts with us, as a kind of Gary or Barry. This would mean he does a lot 'off screen' but we don't have to worry about him to much. What do you guys think?

"Forced interaction" lol. But yeah it sounds great and before anything else, I reserve gastly!
    Stars of Sinnoh [OOC] [T]

And as for Broderick, I think you should give it to his brother. But a character like tracy or gary is a great idea. That way, if any one needs a way to push their story along, they can "use" tracy/gary. But I think one of the characters already has a rival. I think its the guy who has a squirtle?

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Hey, I'm Cayo's brother (no joke) and he told me about PC. He's been hit pretty hard recently and hasn't really been talking. Cooped up in his room with Arceus knows what. Not sure when he might be back, but I've been talking to him.

I asked him about this when I realized he was the old GM (even though I didn't know he was a roleplayer) and he asked if I could take over his character.

So, I wouldn't mind taking over for Bro. As long as you deem it okay. I was actually impressed with the character.

Even though you are his brother, I'm still going to ask you for an RP sample. Sorry. It doesn't have to be long, I just want to know if you have some writing skills, although looking at your post I think you'll be alright.

That would be me that has Teltoise ^.^
    I set it so that Blue/Gary would be my mentor, and my rival is Rai, an NPC.

Try no to state that right away though. Introducing him with "it was his rival Rai" isn't a good way to show the tension between the two. Try to go for the show don't tell approach. Show the rivalry, don't just state it. I hope you can do something with this.

Likarus

Squirtle Lord
    Years
    Try no to state that right away though. Introducing him with "it was his rival Rai" isn't a good way to show the tension between the two. Try to go for the show don't tell approach. Show the rivalry, don't just state it. I hope you can do something with this.

Alrighty, I'll take that as a note. A rival idea popped into my mind in the middle of the RP when it happened.

Btw, can you add in the link to the MoPad in the page, it could be handy, https://etherpad.mozilla.org/XxBfVOgdeb

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    :({D:} Not gonna lie, I'm not a huge fan of my options Pokemon wise. Guess I'll have to wait till the next route opens up.
    Shoulda caught a Poliwag when I had the chance

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2015
    Alright,here are a few paragraphs. Sorry for typos, I'm on my mobile device right now.

Spoiler:

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Alright,here are a few paragraphs. Sorry for typos, I'm on my mobile device right now.

Spoiler:

Bro's all yours, bro

Still waiting for a catch result :p

Remember that you aren't as strong as others because you have so many pokemon. You can't train them all, so you can't train them all too much.

Also, don't go to bed too much IC, because this fucks with the chronology. We don't have to be at the exact same moment at all time, but don't go ahead to much. I think gio for example is 2 days ahead of the rest.

Etherion

Also, don't go to bed too much IC, because this psyducks with the chronology. We don't have to be at the exact same moment at all time, but don't go ahead to much. I think gio for example is 2 days ahead of the rest.

Sorry!
    I'll try to avoid this ='D

Edit: umm, what moveset do wild Pokemon get? Is it like starters (one egg move and 5 lvl up moves)? And what about the adopted Pokemon?

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    A ton of posts went up today.{D:}
    Once I get the yes or no from MI I'll get mine up since I'm not going college...

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
    Years
    Hey there folks. This RP looks really interesting and I was just wondering if there are any spots left? Now I know it says 4 spots open on the first page but I just wanted to clarify with the GM that at least 1 of those spots still exist. Thanks! :)

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Hey there folks. This RP looks really interesting and I was just wondering if there are any spots left? Now I know it says 4 spots open on the first page but I just wanted to clarify with the GM that at least 1 of those spots still exist. Thanks! :)

They are open! Feel free to make a SU :)

Etherion

@Morally: umm, what moveset do wild Pokemon get? Is it like starters (one egg move and 5 lvl up moves)? And what about the adopted Pokemon?

Back