• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Start getting involved in tcg again. (quick question)

juxta

3181 0814 1066
Years
  • Hey, I am thinking about starting to collect cards again.. I just came across a stack of cards that were bought quite a long time ago probably late 90's early 2000's and found some I assume they are 'holo' cards (First edition Machamp, and Blaines Arcanine etc).. And found they are worth quite a lot compared to the price I payed for stacks of 50 from the local toy store years ago. After finding these cards, and feeling nostalgia of when I was younger.. I have this hankering to buy a 'booster box' and try my luck. It seems a 'booster box' is worth a fair penny compared to the money I have available to throw out the window. But that's besides the point, here's the point of this thread.
    My question is what 'booster box' is good value for money or even a neat buy card wise for someone like me who would enjoy a box every now and then for that feeling you get looking back or doing something again from your childhood.

juxta

3181 0814 1066
    Years
  • I probably should of mentioned, i'm not interested in the tournament side of things just collecting a box every 6 months or so and enjoying myself ha :)

Edit:
    Though perhaps in the near future I may cruise into the tournament scene etc, but for the moment it stays at a nostalgia/collection level.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Even if you're not in tournaments, HGSS Triumphant might be a good set to get a booster box of, since it contains some of the most valuable competitive cards for the current format and if you get enough of those cards it can pay for itself. Other than that, just survey the set lists for each set online and see which ones look interesting to you.

If my memory serves a booster box has 36 booster packs.

juxta

3181 0814 1066
    Years
  • Ah cheers for the insight and information. By any chance do you know how many cards come in a booster pack that comes in a box? (From what I understand it is as you said 36 packs of individual packs that contain a specified amount of cards per booster pack)

LAF

:D
    Years
  • Ah cheers for the insight and information. By any chance do you know how many cards come in a booster pack that comes in a box? (From what I understand it is as you said 36 packs of individual packs that contain a specified amount of cards per booster pack)

That depends. Wizards sets (Base through Legendary Collection) are all 11 card packs. e-Series through the EX era are all 9 card packs, and from then on it's 10 card packs

Back