• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

starter choices

Which Starter

• Pseudo Legendary Starters

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • I will Comment down below

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Venomous_Zero86

Pokemon Chosen Ones (Coming Soon)
Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2022
    I am making a Pokemon essentials game not on here yet but I have starters you can pick from Kanto to alola but I have one more set with Lucario and idk about the other two what should I have

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    First up, the Lucario starter must be given out as a Riolu. Secondly, a Fighting type can be used as a starter provided the other two types are Steel and Fairy as those three form the same relationship as Grass, Fire and Water. The big problem with using Riolu as your Fighting-type starter if you go down this road is it gains the Steel type when it evolves. A solution to that would be to adopt the Generation-VI secondary starter types as your starter trinity; consisting of Fighting, Psychic and Dark as they too have a similar triangular relationship.

Another issue is that starter Pokémon are generally able to evolve twice, have a gender ratio of 87.5% male/12.5% female and have a medium-slow growth rate. Riolu can only evolve once so outside of the Mystery Dungeon games, it is not a typical starter. Fighting types that can fit the starter mould would be Machop and Timburr (with an alteration regarding evolution to their final forms). For Steel, you can be quirky and have Aron (for patient trainers) or Klink (immune to Attract and Captivate, but evolves later); and for Fairy…I'd say Ralts, but one of its final evolutions is also a Fighting-type so that one's out. This leaves Flabébé with the caveat of changing the way Floette evolves from using a Shiny Stone to levelling up past a set threshold.

Years
  • First up, the Lucario starter must be given out as a Riolu. Secondly, a Fighting type can be used as a starter provided the other two types are Steel and Fairy as those three form the same relationship as Grass, Fire and Water. The big problem with using Riolu as your Fighting-type starter if you go down this road is it gains the Steel type when it evolves. A solution to that would be to adopt the Generation-VI secondary starter types as your starter trinity; consisting of Fighting, Psychic and Dark as they too have a similar triangular relationship.

Another issue is that starter Pokémon are generally able to evolve twice, have a gender ratio of 87.5% male/12.5% female and have a medium-slow growth rate. Riolu can only evolve once so outside of the Mystery Dungeon games, it is not a typical starter. Fighting types that can fit the starter mould would be Machop and Timburr (with an alteration regarding evolution to their final forms). For Steel, you can be quirky and have Aron (for patient trainers) or Klink (immune to Attract and Captivate, but evolves later); and for Fairy…I'd say Ralts, but one of its final evolutions is also a Fighting-type so that one's out. This leaves Flabébé with the caveat of changing the way Floette evolves from using a Shiny Stone to levelling up past a set threshold.

In a fangame, starters don't have to evolve twice, or by level-up. But I would make it so that if one evolves only once, make them all evolve only once. If one evolves by stone, they should all evolve by stone. Just so they are all on even footing.

For example, Riolu evolves by level-up, even if it is friendship-based. So pick a Fairy type that evolves once by level-up, and a Steel type that evolves once by level-up. Bronzor is the only Steel type that meets the criteria, and Mime Jr. works for Fairy type.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Another good suggestion for a Fairy starter that evolves once by level up would be Snubbull. Or if you want to keep Mime Jr. as your Fairy starter, you can use Pawniard as your Steel starter as it too evolves once by level up. That way you won't double up on dual-Psychic starters.

Venomous_Zero86

Pokemon Chosen Ones (Coming Soon)
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2022
    First up, the Lucario starter must be given out as a Riolu. Secondly, a Fighting type can be used as a starter provided the other two types are Steel and Fairy as those three form the same relationship as Grass, Fire and Water. The big problem with using Riolu as your Fighting-type starter if you go down this road is it gains the Steel type when it evolves. A solution to that would be to adopt the Generation-VI secondary starter types as your starter trinity; consisting of Fighting, Psychic and Dark as they too have a similar triangular relationship.

Another issue is that starter Pok?mon are generally able to evolve twice, have a gender ratio of 87.5% male/12.5% female and have a medium-slow growth rate. Riolu can only evolve once so outside of the Mystery Dungeon games, it is not a typical starter. Fighting types that can fit the starter mould would be Machop and Timburr (with an alteration regarding evolution to their final forms). For Steel, you can be quirky and have Aron (for patient trainers) or Klink (immune to Attract and Captivate, but evolves later); and for Fairy?I'd say Ralts, but one of its final evolutions is also a Fighting-type so that one's out. This leaves Flab?b? with the caveat of changing the way Floette evolves from using a Shiny Stone to levelling up past a set threshold.

i've changed it so you get pikachu from your mom and your lucario from a man in front of the pokemon center saying he was out training these are your childhood pokemon then you get your real starter from the proffesor which has all the starters from kanto to alola

Back