• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Starter in Platinum?

Who will be your starter pokemon in Platinum?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2010
    hey would you be willing to trade any of your eggs from any of the starters from any game besides pearl or diamond?

Ice_Emperor

Emperor of all that is.
    Years
    I started my first time in Daimond with Chimchar. Just made him my HM Whore after transferring better starters.
    My first time in Pearl I chose Turtwig, didn't really care for it.
    My current Pearl I have Piplup, and I really like him.
    I'm gunna use him for Roark, then trade over A Team from Pearl.
    Totadile ftw.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I started Pearl with Chimchar because my friend said he would trade me a piplup if i got a chimchar. So fir Platinum Im gonna start with Piplup like I wanted to in the first place.

§

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    Chimmy-char. I picked Piplup in Diamond, but that was before I learned about competitive battling. Now I can finally get an Infernape and own with it. ^_^

But Chimmy puts me at a type disadvantage for a few gyms, notably the first.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I'm choosing Chimchar for a change. I always choose the water starters for some strange reason :|

Tiny_Treecko

New Newbie
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2009
    I think ima have to choose turtwig again. I like him the best out of the three, although all of them aren't as cool as the previous generations.

Years
    I will go with Chimchar again as I like fire types and with the lack of fire types in the region and Infernape being a good fire type Pokémon I guess so.

Years
    Piplup. I've run through Diamond twice with Turtwig and Chimchar and my main game is Pearl with a Piplup, so I'll start Piplup again. I'll end up deleting the save to start again repeatedly anyway so it doesn't really matter :3

~MasterMind~

⌊C u r i o s i t y ♫ ♥⌉
    Years
    I chose chimchar iam just using him to get through the game until i trade all my diamond pokemon over

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    Meh...probably Turtwig, because I've had Chimchar in Diamond and really dislike Piplup. Although, my favorite set of starters were the GSC ones, so I'm not that enthusiastic about these starters anyway.

Lightey

The Night Owl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    Here is my thing

Diamond - Chimchar
    Platinum - Piplup (Cyntaquil).. I have a Cyntaquil on Diamond and I am going to transfer it over and treat it like my starter.

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    I will pick Turtwig because I used Piplup in Diamond and Chimchar in Pearl so it only makes sense to use Turtwig now lol

inhisxeyes

resident crazy.
    Years
    I think I'm going to start with Piplup. I started with Turtwig in Diamond, and I'm planning on Chimchar for Pearl, so I'm going with Piplup in Platinum :3

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Turtwig.
    Platinum - Piplup (Cyntaquil).. I have a Cyntaquil on Diamond and I am going to transfer it over and treat it like my starter.
    It is Cyndaquil dearie.

Back