• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starter Pokémon Fanclub

Favourite Starters?

• Total voters

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    Well, not really main elements, but just an important elemental trio. You see it in a lot of other games too, like Final Fantasy.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I think I got another one for the Pokemon starter type.

Water, Electric, and ground?

Just noticed that Dragoniteuser posted this combo. Thought of it during class as well.

Fighting, normal, and flying?

Last edited:

tkallab

Years
    No, if you want a triangle, the types have to be equal. Everything's super effective against each other, and they're all not very effective against the other one, except for Elecrtic who does no damage at all against Ground Pokémon...

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I do nee the point in changing the starter's types, and not make it ballanced.
    Besides, what makes you think that those are main elements of Pokemon world?!
    I've got another combo:
    Water - Electric - Ground

Lol I just noticed this combo. I thought it wouldn't be that bad.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Originally Posted by dragoniteuser Starter Pokémon Fanclub
    I do nee the point in changing the starter's types, and not make it ballanced.
    Besides, what makes you think that those are main elements of Pokemon world?!
    I've got another combo:
    Water - Electric - Ground
    Nice but remember that the types need to be supereffective to one type and not veryeffective to another, and the electric doesn't affect the ground unfortunately.
    OOps already mentioned...

New topic:

What starter typing combinations do you like and why?

I liked Swamperts water and ground type a lot because it was, then, and unusual typing, that I think was the first water/ground pokemon. It also introduced that move Muddy Water, which was really strong and an exciting new move. Blaziken being a fighting/fire was also a really popular new typing combination, and introduced Blaze Kick, which was really strong too. Empoleon being a Steel/Water was a great combination and made Empoleon really hard to beat. This was was most loved new typing combo, and it belonged to a Penguin too <3

EDIT:AshPikastar, those aren't really pokemon elements though... except for the flying which is like air.

Last edited:

tkallab

Years
    I'd like it if we could choose out of a whole lot of Pokémon. Just random ones. And Elektrike should be one of them, haha.

When it comes to type combinations, for me it's just Water. Then Fire/Flying, then Water/Ground. Don't ask me why.

BlueHighwind

EEEEEEVEEEEEE
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    For The Starter types: Fire, Bug, Grass, Water, Rock. Five Types
    For Favorite Type Combo:Water/Steel. For Obvious reasons. And Empoleon is the win.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nice but remember that the types need to be supereffective to one type and not veryeffective to another, and the electric doesn't affect the ground unfortunately.
    OOps already mentioned...

New topic:

What starter typing combinations do you like and why?

I liked Swamperts water and ground type a lot because it was, then, and unusual typing, that I think was the first water/ground pokemon. It also introduced that move Muddy Water, which was really strong and an exciting new move. Blaziken being a fighting/fire was also a really popular new typing combination, and introduced Blaze Kick, which was really strong too. Empoleon being a Steel/Water was a great combination and made Empoleon really hard to beat. This was was most loved new typing combo, and it belonged to a Penguin too <3

...if I need to add anyone, I'll check later. :D;

Anyway, probably fire/fighting, because yes, it is repeated, but I've always considered fire to have an association to fighting and reflecting that in the evolution lines of the starters is a good thing imo. XD

As for steel/water, don't really like. Never really liked steel and don't consider it to have relation to starters (and probably why I never evolved my Piplup beyond its second evolution lol).

Hope

:d
    Years
    May I join, please?
    :)
    My favorite starter pokemon is Squirtle, mainly for the reason that he was my first pokemon ever! (Yes, I started off with Fire Red.) And I loved his evolutions.
    Right now I'm playing Pearl and I chose Turtwig ^_^ It lacks in speed a bit, though, but overall, it's a pretty sturdy pokemon.

I just realized I started off with Turtles for both Pearl and Fire Red XD

King Gumball

Years
    May I join, please?
    :)
    My favorite starter pokemon is Squirtle, mainly for the reason that he was my first pokemon ever! (Yes, I started off with Fire Red.) And I loved his evolutions.
    Right now I'm playing Pearl and I chose Turtwig ^_^ It lacks in speed a bit, though, but overall, it's a pretty sturdy pokemon.

I just realized I started off with Turtles for both Pearl and Fire Red XD

Welcome Hope!

I like Torterra better than Blastoise. Probably because I love huge land turtles, and this one has a tree growing on it! And IMO it just looks so much better than Blastoise. GF just excelled in making the Turtwig line!

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Well Personally I love Empoleon's Water/Steel combo, as it has A LOT of resistances.
    I'm not very happy about Charizard's though, as I believe it ought to be partly a Dragon type.

tkallab

Years
    No, I think Charizard's typing is actually fine, because it would have an incredible advantage over the other starters if it was Dragon-typed... It would make Blastoises attacks have normal effectiveness, even though he's supposed to die if his tail fire went out.
    I agree on Empoleon's typing, although I think his design could have used a bit more steel parts.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    Can I join?

I really like actually, starters with one type : Totodile, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndaquil.
    I also like Torterra's typing and a hate bulbasaur's typing( 'cuz imo starters, as in the pokémon who you chose, the basic of the evolotiun chain, should have a clean type.)

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    I'd like you join.

Which is your favourite starter and why?

Treecko is definately my favourite and for too many reasons to type. For now, I'll just say that he's cool and awesome.

Years
    I'd like to join^^

My fave starter is Charmender. This one also was my first Pokemon in the games (I mean the ones with Kanto region). I've always liked the idea of associating lizards with fire. Also, it's evolutions are awesome.

King Gumball

Years
    *Resuscitates club*

I'm sure Forever would accept you four so welcome.

I guess I need to start a new topic sooo:

If you have played PMD (pokemonmysterydungeon) than what starter did you get or which starter did you purposely choose, and who was you buddy pokemon?

I kept getting a Cyndaquil in PMD Blue and a Totodile in Time. But I purposly got a Chikorita in Blue and a Bulbasaur in Time. I think Totodile was my partner in Blue and Pikachu was my partner in Time.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    If you have played PMD (pokemonmysterydungeon) than what starter did you get or which starter did you purposely choose, and who was you buddy pokemon?

I got Treecko both times. I didn't choose him, but I would have anyways so it worked out.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    This group is active again and nice long topic.

In Explores of Sky I got Vulpix and in Explores of Time I think I got Chimchar. I think I purposely picked Chimchar if I could remember correctly. On "explores of Sky" I purposely picked Riolu and had Vulpix be my partner.

Back