• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Starter Pokemon....

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I can't understand why almost nobody is going with Chikorita. When was the last time you played G/S and found a good grass type? Train it and it will pay you back with it's powerful evo's.

In my opinion, Chikorita is the way to go. Plus it's so cute <3

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Im going to choose Cyndaquill, I usually go for the grass starter, but Chikorita annoys me. Im not into cute and i dont find grass types generally useful in Johto, if anything i will probably just have a pokemon with a grass type move. I like Totodile but im going to shove the red gyarados in my squad and i have a vendetta against two pokemon of the same type in my squad.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Always Cyndaquil. You just have to love the little mouse... ^^

I remember in Silver... I named him "FettoX" (in english "FatGuyX")... Well, I named every single character and Pokémon something weird, because I was a kid and I was bored.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2009
    Im hoping to get both SS and HG,so ive got choices.
    In SS,Cyndaquil all the way.He was always my first choice.
    And in HG,Chikorita.
    Then whichever I beat first,Ill start over and use Totodile.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    Either totodile or cyndaquil.

Never used chikorita and never probably will lol unless I am super bored haha

Ajwork

Rising Edge
    Years
    Totodile

I've always seen water types as an all-around basic get-you-through-the-game. It's true, cyndiquil may have more options, but training for player vs player fights requires the game to be mastered first.

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
    Well, the first starter I picked in Silver Version was Cyndaquil. But in my favorite game of the series, Crystal; I chose Totodile. I'll pick Cyndaquil in SoulSilver, but in HeartGold I'll probably pick Totodile, so it will be just like old times for me. ^.^

Lo~li~Pop

◕‿‿◕ Happy Smiles! ◕‿‿◕
    Years
    I will still choose Chikorita because 1) it is just rather beautiful, 2) the least one that people would choose, 3) I haven't choosen a grass type in a long time, and 4) now that I know about the genders I am going to try my hardest to get the Chikarita into a girl. Also I am the type of person who referes to pokémon to the gender I think they look like. Is it just me or was the last little tid-bits not really reasons? Oh well, just making confersation.

DjGirafarig

NU user
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2013
    Everybody is saying Totodile.Which I agree on!I looked at the moveset for Feralagtr and it's powerful.I usually picked Cyndaquil,but im looking for change

Starter Pokemon....

Last edited:
    Back