• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Starter Pokemon....

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    In Soul Silver I'll be choosing Cyndaquil as my starter, Because Typhlosion is just awesome
    In Heart Gold I'm choosing Chikorita though
    I rarely use Grass starters anyways so yeah x3

Years
  • I'm gonna pick Chikorita, just beacuse it's my favorite of the 3. Also, I have two friends getting HG/SS, and they said they're gonna pick Cyndaquil & Totodile (I spelled it correctly!), so I thought I might as well complete the circle.

atre05

^SPRITER^
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2023
    I would probably go with Cindaquill, but....don't you think it is a little bit too soon to decide? I mean, there's nothing bad with thinking about a starter, but some people are already thinking about teams and stuff.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2016
    With Marina in Crystal I went with Totodile as it not only matched her hair and eyes, but it was also the starter the Anime version of her chose. In Gold I had chosen Chikorita. Since we have a whole new female character, I may stick with Chikorita or switch it up and go for Cyndaquil for the first time ever. We'll see...

cruzader019

Darkrai ReincarnatiOn~~
    Years
  • i would rather pick totodile..why?..
    it can learn blizzrd later on the game..blizzrd against chikorita=bOom.
    water type against fire type..cyndaquil got crashed in the waves duh!!

i've chosen toto as my partner for ten times..hehehe
    what u think guyz?..

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Cyndaquil, because I don't like the other available fire types. And I love Cyndaquil, it's sooo cute ; <3

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Totodile for sure. I always choose Water-type and he was my favourite.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    I'm gonna choose Cyndaquil cuz i chose him back in my Gold version and he's probly my fave starter :]
    And my sis said she's gonna choose Chikorita cuz thats who she chose in Silver lol
    She hasn't played Pokemon since the Johto days and is so excited for HG/SS just like pretty much all us pokefans lol

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    Seeing as Totodile was my first starter in Silver, it will be Totodile again for SoulSilver. :)

I can't wait to get my hands on Kingdra again (not that I couldn't in Diamond).

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    100% Cyndaquil in Heart Gold which will be my main game and Totodile in Soul Silver which will be my side game which i will use to get Groudon and the version exclusives.

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Heart Gold: Chikorita
    Soul Silver: Totodile

I love Chikorita, but am a bit tired of using it, so it's going into my side game. I like Totodile and wish to use it more, so it's going into my main game.

I might switch Chikorita for Cyndaquil.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Japanese HeartGold: Cyndaquil (While playing as a Boy)
    Japanese SoulSilver: Chikorita (While playing as a Girl)

Yep, I made my descision almost as soon as the games were first announced.

Back