• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starters are wild Pokémon?

JustSander

It's good to dream, isn't it?
Years
  • Starters are wild Pok?mon?

When you battle a trainer, you can see the trainer standing behind the Pok?mon: https://imgur.com/Km0LWzo
    But in this screenshot (https://imgur.com/gAj7DzX) you can see Popplio battling Litten. There is no trainer behind Litten. Does this mean Litten is a wild pok?mon?

This is just game-speculation, I don't say this is true, this is just what I think.

What do you think?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • This would be a cool idea but I don't think it is the case. Perhaps this screenshot is just early footage, the games are still in development and some gameplay isn't actually final which would explain some of the missing content.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Maybe there's some way to catch the other starters through the QR code feature? I mean the artwork for it did show off a Serperior.

I can't imagine they'd just pop up during normal gameplay.

Years
  • As Blue said, it's unlikely since starters are meant to be special and having them catchable in the wild as part of the main game would devalue their status as special. Also, as he said the footage may not be final.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    It's very possible they just did it as a sandbox test where they generated the battle between the two in order to show off the new Pokémon, but I honestly wouldn't be too shocked if they were to introduce wild versions of the starters. Things like this have been getting more realistic every generation when things like Eevee have started appearing in the wild and the old rarer 'exclusive' Pokémon are showing up all over the place. I wouldn't be against it and honestly I'd quite like being able to use three but I do think it'd feel a little weird. I'm ready for change though!

Years
  • I don't think they will make the starters wild pokemon. Though I would love if they did what they did with x/y and you get one of the starters that you didn't pick as a gift for beating the elite four.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I'm pretty certain that during XY's prerelease days they showed footage of the player facing wild starters as well.

So, I'm betting no.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Honestly, It would be pretty damn cool to have wild starter Pokemon( like the Pikachu from Pokemon Yellow). I've been wanting that feature for such a long time. For example, maybe during the story-mode, you can obtain the two other starters along the way( late game of course) and then, after you beat the league you complete various quests to obtain all of the regions starters? I dunno...I haven't ironed out the kinks yet, but it could be something related to this. After all, in ORAS you could get some of the starters in the post-game.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • As explained, I think it might just be the QR Code Feature. It isn't too hard to think that. The Friend Safarii, we were able to catch Kanto and Kalos 2nd stage starters in it. I don't see it being that big of an issue using QR codes.

Back