• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] starters final typing speculation

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I'm gonna chime in and say that I think Scorbunny can go one of three ways: Fire/Electric, Fire/Fairy, or Fire/Steel. Fire/Electric because there does seem to be speedy. Fire/Fairy because I think that would be an appropriate typing for a rabbit, especially if they draw on British folklore surrounding rabbits. Fire/Steel because they show Scorbunny running up a giant metal gear. I feel that might have been a clue and it is said this region has a big focus on industry.

Sobble I think looks like it could end up as a Water/Psychic, Water/Poison, or Water/Ghost type. Its invisibility feature would lend it to one of those three.

And Grookey I think should end up as a Grass/Dark since its said to be mischievous. But I could also see Grass/Fighting, which I don't want it to be honestly cuz I don't want it stepping on CHesnaught's toes.

Or, who knows, they could all end up monotypes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    I'm feeling Grass/Rock for Grookey. His little stick gets bigger with a giant stone block at the end to form a warhammer.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    Grass/Steel or Grass/Rock for Grookey (going off the idea of the stick growing as a weapon)
    Fire/Fairy for Scorbunny (because I think that'd be really cool)
    Water/Ghost or Water/Ice for Sobble (just because I want to see something interesting with Sobble)

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Fire/Fairy for Scorbunny could be possible! Unless I'm mistaken, hares were said to have a sacred connection to fairies in Celtic mythology. I'd happily welcome the typing! Otherwise, I'm thinking it'll become another Fire/Fighting, or perhaps a mono-type Pokémon. Electric would be cool though! <3

Sobble seems likely to be part Ghost, Psychic or maybe Poison. I'm mostly going by vibes here, haha.

For Grookey, hmm... its description of being mischievous makes me think it'll turn out to be part dark-type!

Initially, I couldn't really see how Grookey could be Grass/Fighting... but I suppose the colour scheme makes sense for it. It's partially Green/Orange which kind of gives off the Grass/Fighting vibe. I do wonder if the stick is also what it uses to fight.

I could see it taking on a Conkeldurr-like design where its weapon gets bigger and Grookey becomes more muscular, yeah. People have already done fan art of a King Kong final evo I believe, ahaha.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2020
    If I had my way I'd like Fire/Electric, Grass/Rock, and Water/Dragon. I love dragons the most but a fire/Electric combo is definitely a change I'd like to try. I will use my resources to try to gather information and leak their final typings, among other bits of info.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I've seen a lot of predictions about Scorbunny being Fire/Fighting (bandage on its nose?) but I really hope that's not the case. Would love Sobble's final stage to be Water/Dragon but I know how unlikely that is =( Fire/Electric would be an interesting type pairing as would Fire/Fairy. No idea about the Grass-type starter though, hmm. Grass/Ground has been done before but that doesn't mean it's out of the question.

Scorbunny.

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2019
    WHat do you think the Starters types will be?

Personally I think a Grass/Normal Fire/Fairy and Water/Poison is most likely but a Fire/Fighting and Water/Poison is also likely as well.

Years
  • Personally I think a Grass/Normal Fire/Fairy and Water/Poison is most likely but a Fire/Fighting and Water/Poison is also likely as well.

hi!! I've merged your thread with a similar one that already exists that covers speculation about the starters' final evolution types. :>

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I'd really love to see Grookey become a Grass/Rock-type upon evolution, but admittedly that also makes me fear for its design a little, haha. Something just tells me that if this were the case, its final evolved form could end up becoming another Chesnaught. >_<

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years

• All three will be Fire/Fighting

I'm sorry I had to!

tumblr_pnpnt2rxOn1t4pany_400.png

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Not sure what exactly what I want just yet, though I do know that I do not want another Fire/Fighting.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I'm gonna guess:

Grookey- Grass/Rock or Grass/Fairy. Grookey's theorized to have a music theme, so I can see its final evo either using some sort of rock like a drum or using the power of music to heal/grow things, like what he does in the trailer.

Scorbunny- Fire/Steel or Fire/Electric. Electric due to how it's said to have a lot of energy, and Steel because of his metallic band aid/foot paddings. Furthermore, I've seen it claimed that its Japanese name refers specifically to striking metal to create sparks.

Sobble- Water/Dark, Water/Ghost, or Water/Dragon. I probably don't have to explain these ones, right?

Last edited:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • I'm definitely thinking pretty much what others have said. Grass/Fairy, Fire/Electric, and Water/Poison. Two of them have already been explained but with poison it's because Sobble could possibly take some inspiration from poisonous salamanders in the future. who knows.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I can see Sobble evolving into either a Water/Psychic type or a Water/Poison type. Scorbunny, I presume will either become Fire/Fighting or Fire/Fairy, and lastly, I suspect that Grookey will be a Grass/Dark type or perhaps simply a mono-Grass type pokemon. We shall see! ^-^

Last edited:
    Back