• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Starters!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    As for myself, I first started off with Chimchar in Pokémon Diamond. It seemed to be best to me at the time, which made me want to go along with it. Was very satisfied, to be honest; all-in-all, Infernape is actually quite viable! Its defenses are low, which makes it easy to take down, but its Attack stat is definitely over-top, which causes all its strikes to be hard-hitting.

In my second run, I chose Turtwig. Was happy with its evolution, too; Torterra, in my books, is extremely difficult to defeat. Not only does it have a good range of attacks in its arsenal, but its defensive stats are nice, too, which makes it able to last longer and take more foes down. When I'd gotten Platinum, I wound up selecting Piplup, as I had never chosen it before.

In HeartGold, I picked Chikorita. As for SoulSilver, I believe it was Totodile.

AmyTheOddball

Aspiring Author
    Years
    Sorry for making that other thread, I did have a nose to see if there was a starters thread before making it and I must have overlooked it o.o

Anyway, I chose Turtwig in Diamond (my first Pokemon game ever) and loved him to bits. Then I chose Chimchar in Pearl. I was torn between Cyndaquil or Chikorita in SoulSilver, ended up going with Cyndaquil and when I got HeartGold, I chose Chikorita :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I love Cyndaquil, Totodile, and I like Piplup. Cyndaquil is my favorite though but I do enjoy Empoleon's water and steel typing.

Years
    Johto's group of starters are my favourite of any generation, so was definitely satisfied with them lol :) I've used all of them in the past although the one I keep coming back to is Cyndaquil, so it's probably my favourite :)

With Sinnoh it was harder to pick, Chimchar is my least fave of any 4th Gen game and therefore never picked him, so it was usually a toss up between Turtwig and Piplup. I chose Piplup the first time around although I didn't enjoy using Empoleon as much as I thought I would, so next time picked a Turtwig and used Torterra for the majority of the game. I think I nicknamed him Sheldon lol :)

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
    Fourth Generation was my first pokemon game ever, so chimchar is my first pokemon ever, and I've transferred him to my X now :) (he's called Sylvester after my old cat). In SS I picked chickorita, because grass types are my favourite :3

Back