• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Starting from fresh

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
  • I want to start making a hack, most likely with emerald or fire red.
    does anyone know a quick way to wipe the entire map including scripted events and sprites?
    thanks in advance!

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • I want to start making a hack, most likely with emerald or fire red.
    does anyone know a quick way to wipe the entire map including scripted events and sprites?
    thanks in advance!

Why do you want to wipe everything? Just remove things as you need to, some of the scripts for example are actually needed and you'll have to write them again anyways if you decide to wipe everything.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • i want to wipe everything so i can redesign the map and i dont want to get confused with the old maps and things. plus i can just use the code for the new sprites from the old parts using advanced map

Years
  • Why do you want to wipe everything? Just remove things as you need to, some of the scripts for example are actually needed and you'll have to write them again anyways if you decide to wipe everything.

i want to wipe everything so i can redesign the map and i dont want to get confused with the old maps and things. plus i can just use the code for the new sprites from the old parts using advanced map

Not to be disrespectful, but re-using scripts is a terrible idea, because first it's not original, and second if you change it to your taste you might corrupt it
    As for your original question, go to the events tab, set the number of all events to 0 and click "apply changes"
    To wipe the map, go to the header, change it's dimensions to 1x1 and rechange it to whatever you want

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Not to be disrespectful, but re-using scripts is a terrible idea, because first it's not original, and second if you change it to your taste you might corrupt it.

Huh? So let me get this straight. Re-using scripts are bad because you might corrupt it and because it's not original? I'm not asking him to use the regular story scripts, but rather implying he should make use of some of the Pokecenter, world map, flight path and other similar scripts already there. To avoid corruption after modifying a "regular story" script you simply just repoint the modified script to free space, and from A-Map give it the new pointer.

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
    Years
  • I recommend JPAN's hacked engine it wil clear all of the flags vars etc and it wil empty all your maps and you can redesign them to your desire, I use the same. It has all the script for pokecenter etc in the files that come with the hacked engine.
    Check it out.
    Good luck.

Back