• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen starting over?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • With the release of the Pokemon Bank, I've been hearing about a lot of people starting a new game. Thanks to the Bank, we have the option to deposit all our Pokemon into the cloud, then bring them into our new game.

I really like this idea. Pokemon is one of the few games out there that you can really only play through once (until now). What are your thoughts? Do you have any plans to start a new game?

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • Well, I have pokemon x and y. At first I wanted y to have my core team and pokedex filled (main game) and x I wanted for reset story if I wanted. Now that we have pokebank I can do that With both :) so yeaa!!!!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I really like this idea. Pokemon is one of the few games out there that you can really only play through once (until now). What are your thoughts? Do you have any plans to start a new game?

What do you mean by that? I reset my game at least three times before the bank came out. XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2014
    Well absolutely... I already did... This sucks that u can't store items on Bank though... How about u???

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    What do you mean by that? I reset my game at least three times before the bank came out. XD

I guess what is meant is that you can only have one save file per game, so usually you can't start a new game without losing all of your progress, which puts a lot of people off doing it.

Until now I've always had one version on which I completed the Pokedex and built competitive teams, and another on which I just started new games when I felt like it. Pokemon Bank makes this not quite as necessary, but I have both versions anyway :P As stated above, items can't be transferred, and also it would take achingly long to complete the Pokedex again, even if it is technically possible. I will still be using the Bank to transfer legendaries from my secondary game each time I start a new game though.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, since I've completed the National Dex already in X, no, I don't have any intention of starting a new game in that. Ever. In addition to Y, I actually have two copies of X, one I got for fun challenge runs and such (both physical copies and not digital ones from the eShop). It does sound redundant, I know, unless one was Japanese or such, but X's exclusives consist of more of my favorite Pokémon, and at the time I wasn't ready to erase the save on my Y yet. So yeah.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    why didn't i think of this...

i'd like to start a new game.

on the other hand it would mean leaving behind all the items my pickup team has stockpiled...and im almost to 100 rare candies

Years
  • Should I ever think about paying for the fee for the PokeBank (which is totally worth it, in my opinion), I actually think I would start a new game. As exhausting as catching some Pokemon are, I would really like to have at least one of each I encounter in storage :3 I'm a hoarder.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I probably will restart my Y at some point. The only bad thing is That i only have one copy and with the work that was put into purchasing all the clothing Items... anyway, i won't even think about restarting untill i have completed the national dex. Bank will help with that though :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Oh, wow, this sounds like a pretty good idea; not sure why I haven't thought of it. xD" Yes, I may consider restarting my game. Gotten pretty bored of it, so a restart would definitely help bring my interest back.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    Yup. Im just going to get a few items from the battle maison. Then Im going to do a Wonderlocke challenge

Years
  • I started y over the other day... didn't realize I misspelled chief as my trainers name til I already fully evd my pixilate sylveon and gourgeist and huge power diggersby for my team and got all the way to ambrette, I checked my poke miles and noticed my trainer card said cheif... its hard to play BC my meticulous evil twin keeps face palming me

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I don't restart my games, but I did bought a new Pokemon X so I could get my team started, 2 of those Pokemon can't be found anywhere in Kalos, only by PokeBank.

I already have plans for future XY teams, I also won't restart any of my games, I'll buy a new X or Y game.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • What do you mean by that? I reset my game at least three times before the bank came out. XD

Haha, I mean without losing a ton of Pokemon. You can't have multiple save files, so once you start a new game all your previous game data is gone (including all your hard earned Pokemon).

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • I never restart my games whenever I download an event item or event Pokemon, because I want to keep them forever.

I agree, I don't feel the need to restart. A new experience is not what I'm looking for, after I finish the game I want to complete my Pokedex, find shinys and breed competitive pokemon. So restarting is not really my thing even with Pokebank out. I don't want to lose my National Dex :O

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Starting over is one of the reasons that I bought a Y version to compliment my main X game. This way I can keep my main game with all my favourite pokemon and my Shiny charm and stuff and I can restart the Y version as many times as I feel like, whenever I get bored or want to try something new.

I'll probably restart Y once I finish the challenge I'm currently playing through.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Starting over is one of the reasons that I bought a Y version to compliment my main X game. This way I can keep my main game with all my favourite pokemon and my Shiny charm and stuff and I can restart the Y version as many times as I feel like, whenever I get bored or want to try something new.

I'll probably restart Y once I finish the challenge I'm currently playing through.

I did the same thing, pysical copy of x where all my main stuff is and y digitally , i already started my new game in y with a complete team right off the bat. I kinda ignore the character back story and make up my own as i play....

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I did the same thing, pysical copy of x where all my main stuff is and y digitally , i already started my new game in y with a complete team right off the bat. I kinda ignore the character back story and make up my own as i play....

Yeah, I like restarting with a full team right from the beginning, it's nice to use some of my favourite pokemon (Eevee/Vulpix) as starters! I ignore the character backstory too lol.

Back