• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starting smoking young?

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    That's kind of a twisted thought. Mostly because I wouldn't be willing to greatly shorten my life expectancy, just so the next generation of people might possibly be immune to cigarette smoke.

People smoke knowing that there's the risk of possibly health problems ahead for them in the future, that's their choice. I, however, would never feel comfortable letting a 5 year old smoke. Ever. Not only just because of the health complications it may cause, but because...well, have you ever been close someone who smokes that often? They tend to smell like a crossover between turpentine and piss.

...This coming from someone who used to smoke nearly a pack everyday.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    I dont think smoking is a good idea. Besides if that theory does work, it would take Im guessing approx. a million years.
    Smoking is a horrible thing, and with smoking, that causes more pollution and destroys the earth. So no, I dont think its a good idea...
    sorry, but thats my opinion.

Shadow Chant

Top 4 at Worlds 2009
    Years
    No. Smoking is bad, Period.

I am not shortening my life span with just a goof off addicting activity that is only not bad for you. It is also bad for people even when they are not smoking, the smoke spreads to the people around you. That means they died early because of you.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    This idea is way better than the one I had on making clouds out of beer top cotton from South America.

In fact, it's so good, it should be nominated as "Satan's Pandemic suggestion of the Decade" Award

Whoever gave you that idea is obviously a sidekick of Einstein's. Let's go and die in a ditch now...

Seriously, simple 8th grade science should tell you that kind of adaptation would kill you before you even lay yourself :P.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    That's all fine and good, but do try to remember that this adaptation that you're obviously describing won't occur for thousands of years. So with that in mind, are we just going to let ourselves die for next generations to "safely" intoxicate themselves with crap? Plus, with all the people that'd die from it before we got used to the cigarettes, don't you think there'd be a little problem in population? Mutations could occur and malfunctions in DNA can happen; it did for the cheetahs. Of course, I'm speaking hundreds and thousands of years ahead.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Hey guys :D I just had a wacky theory. If we start smoking when we're young then our bodies may adapt to smoking in a few generations and then it wouldnt be illegial because it doesnt wreck our bodies...

I think itll happen one day since smoking is basically a change in the enviroment and the young would have a better defence system to defend against it

No. Smoking wrecks your body and can lead to many different cancers. Some would be mouth, throat, lung, even lip and tongue. These links are pictures to these cancers.

It slows down warming in your body. In other words, it can stop you from getting warmer from the cold slower. You can have problems being understood because of cancers. Also, with throat cancer, you can't get water into your hole in your throat. Tars can get in your body and those things aren't easy to get out of you when they just get in there. Imagine if they were just left there for a long period of time.

As a result, don't even try to use this idea for anything. I don't know if you're joking or not, but no one should ever think of attempting it.

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
    No I wouldnt smoke either and the thought also disgusts me but skip the moral and ethical issues, and look at it from a different point of view.

Children would grow a small resistance to it, and by the time they reproduce, their children would also gain resistance, and their children would gain resistance, and little by little only people allergic to whatever is in cigarettes would be affected to it :/

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    No. Smoking wrecks your body and can lead to many different cancers. Some would be mouth, throat, lung, even lip and tongue. These links are pictures to these cancers.

It slows down warming in your body. In other words, it can stop you from getting warmer from the cold slower. You can have problems being understood because of cancers. Also, with throat cancer, you can't get water into your hole in your throat. Tars can get in your body and those things aren't easy to get out of you when they just get in there. Imagine if they were just left there for a long period of time.

As a result, don't even try to use this idea for anything. I don't know if you're joking or not, but no one should ever think of attempting it.

Those were very unattractive pictures.. bleah.

I'd also like to add that smoking adds tons of years onto your appearance..
    No one likes that.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    No I wouldnt smoke either and the thought also disgusts me but skip the moral and ethical issues, and look at it from a different point of view.

Children would grow a small resistance to it, and by the time they reproduce, their children would also gain resistance, and their children would gain resistance, and little by little only people allergic to whatever is in cigarettes would be affected to it :/

But by the time they reproduce, they will be dead as a doornail.

And do not ask why I said dead as a doornail because my ancestry said so and I will keep it as "Dead as a doornail."

The Government would jail the parents anyways.

Now my friend, I need to ask:

What grade are you in?

I would understand if you haven't reached 6th grade yet :P.

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
    I'll safely say im 15 :/ (and i have not repeated >:)

anyway, you can get drunk on booze at a private property and aslong as you dont get out of hand or annoy other people its legal :/

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Now you want Alcohol? Tobacco + Alcohol = Modern Black Death

This theory is naturally marked: Insane as hell.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    That theory you're making is nuts. Smoking will be always illegal no matter what age you are. And you'll just die earlier from pneumonia and lung cancer. O.O Yeah, it's true you'll get used to it but it makes the user unaware of his/her condition. DO you smoke?

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    I don'ty smoke. I'm 18, and I smoke a cigar with friends on very rare occasions. Seriously, it has to be like a very special ocasion.

I dont smoke on a regular basis, and i don't smoke cigerettes. Of all I've read about them in novels, I wouldn't like their taste.

Back