• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starting Spriter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2016
    Hello Pokemon Community!
    I am F13rC Pulse, a guy with too much time on his hands.
    I've played Gens 1-4 and have owned all of Gen 1-3's main handheld games, and Diamond and SoulSilver.

I've recently became intrigued with Pokémon hacks and decided that I'd see how far my ideas and abilities would go towards making one of my own.
    So after looking through some Sprite Tutorials and some minor sketching, I've made what I consider fairly solid concept art for 6 Fan Pokémon.

Some details on my first sprite attempt:

The first sprite is the original design for my 1st stage Grass/Ground Tumbleweed Fakemon that I dubbed Musdkal and went the furthest with.
    Decided it was too big for its stage and facing the wrong direction.
    Downsized it with a slight redesign, and with some early shading that I wasn't fond of.

Now the latest looks most appropriate for battle, and it just needs to rest of its colors and thorns on its limbs.
    Any constructive criticism would be appreciated, especially on shading/outlining it.
    *I'm updating the image as I go along right now, currently working on adding the thorns.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello and welcome, there are lots of threads on hacks and spriting and what have you on PC so go check those out for some pointers and stuff, your design looks pretty cool too :)

Years
  • Welcome to PC, F13rC Pulse! It's great to hear you're a spriter and what you have so far looks pretty good. This does seem more like a gallery showcase, though, so I'd recommend you take a look at our Pixel Art board as that's where any showcasing of sprite art would go. You'd have much better luck getting critique/feedback if you were to post there. Keep in mind that you'd need fifteen posts to include images, though!

Good luck with this and hope to see you around. :) Feel free to private message me if you need more help!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back