• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stay in Bed Today

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I haven't done it in years. My previous job was very strict about what time they expected us to come in to work (they'd come down on you if you were late by so much as a minute) and gave 0 vacation time or sick days, so I couldn't afford to sleep in. My current job is a bit more lax about time off and punctuality, so I suspect I'll end up doing it on occasion.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I usually stay in bed longer for an hour or two when I'm feeling a bit sick or can afford to skip classes

like today

pkmin3033

I can't stay in bed when I'm ill. I need to be up and about and doing things; I can't just spend a whole day sleeping or lying there, even if I miss sleep or feel awful or for whatever other reason. It makes me feel even worse if I try that.

My answer to illness is to carry on and ignore it as best I can, even though if other people were in my position they'd probably spend the day in bed.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    It's been forever since I've done that. I hate staying in bed all day doing nothing. That's probably the worst part about being sick for me. I think I've taken two days off so far for being sick. One I tried to work, and got about two hours in before I was ready to collapse from exhaustion and couldn't concentrate on anything. I don't care if I'm puking everywhere, I feel so guilty if I have to skip work.

Years
    Last time was around the beginning of just last month, actually. I came down with something and while it was the couch I crashed on and not the bed, there was pretty much no way I was able to stay up for long, just didn't have the energy to do anything.
    Believe me, I tried. Even sitting up was tiresome after a short period. Wanted to get up to do anything at all? Nope...better get it done quick, or it's not happening.

So yeah. Usually only when I'm sick and just not feeling able to move much is when I'm most likely to just lie there all day. So not that often.

Sirfetch’d

Last year or so I got the flu really bad for about a week and really only left my bed to shower and use the bathroom. My mom would bring me food because I felt sick just getting up to do that. Other than that I can't really recall the last time I stayed in bed for most of the day because I really find that a bit uncomfortable after a while.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I'm rarely ill enough to be bed-ridden, and it's equally rarely that i'll spend a day off work in bed.

The last time I can remember that I was stuck in bed all day was when I was struck down by a virus, which was a good five or so years ago (possibly longer).

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    The only time I can think of where I would be was when I've been sick. At least before I discovered the internet. Nowadays, I hardly get sick anymore because I'm just less prone to it. I also hate 'staying in bed' unless I'm really tired that day or something.

Years
    Back in 2014 when I had my wisdom teeth removed. I could have stayed up but the painkillers I was given kept knocking me out lol
    Otherwise I don't really get sick enough to be bed ridden per say, let's hope it stays this way.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    Staying in bed all day is nice in theory but I like to get out of it by noon. I feel too restless. Sleeping in late though? Divine~
    I could maybe stay in bed all day if I had all my electronics and food was brought to me. But even in instances where I was bedridden, I needed to move around.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    .. And today the someone is my two cats haha. Real cozy.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
    The last time I was bedridden was when I was hospitalized for a week after a major surgery, and I couldn't walk at all for a few days. I was absent from school for a month after being released, but I didn't really mind spending a majority of that time just sitting around; I technically stay in bed all day every weekend as it is, just sitting on my computer and not doing too much.

Years
    Outside of staying overnight in hospitals after surgery, I have never really been bedridden as far as home is concerned.

Years
    Just had a fever on Wednesday. Stayed in bed all day. Pretty boring, all you have to do is sleep.

Years
    Thought you meant voluntarily bed-ridden, 'cause I do that every weekend, heh. But on topic, I can't remember the last time I've been so ill that I could barely move, unless you count menstrual cramps...In that case, those are intense and will have me in fetal position for a good 2-3 days.

Back