• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steam Summer Sale 2016

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Steam Summer Sale 2016

The Steam Summer Sale is ON!

Now before you go off to buy all those games you never got to, here are some things that you should consider:

• Keep a careful watch of the Flash Sale and the Community Choice. The Flash Sales last 12 hours and show deals for 6 games. The Community's Choice lasts 12 hours and is dictated by 3 sales that are put up for a vote. The game that gets the most votes will have a sale for a set amount of time, until the next Community Choice sale. Then, of course, there are the Featured Sales, which last for 48 hours.

• Don't jump to buy a game that is part of the sale simply because it's on Sale. The Flash Sale and the Community's Choice may yield a better discount than a standard Steam Sale discount. Patience can be your greatest tool when looking for the best deal. Watch for Daily Deals, of course, but Flash Deals and Community's Choice should take precedence, as they often yield the best discounts the sale has to offer.

• While the Steam Sale is nice, it may also be smart to look to other sites for better deals. GreenmanGaming, Gamers Gate, Nuuvem, G2A, and Getgames are just a few examples that always have incredible deals, so don't limit yourself. In fact, these sites often have competitive discounts specifically because Steam is having their annual sale, so they are certainly worth checking out. Having said that, keep the previous tip in mind.
    • Get Enhanced Steam. GET ENHANCED STEAM.
    • Put games on your wishlist. If there's a game you really want and you don't want to have to keep looking at the Steam Sale for a better deal, put the game on your wishlist so that you will get e-mails about deals for games on your wishlist. If you want a more immediate and versatile means of getting deals, isthereanydeal.com allows you to import your Steam Wishlist (or just search for games) and have deals from a plethora of trusted sites and Steam emailed to you. What's more, you can check the deal price against the lowest the price for that specific game has ever gone, letting you know if you're getting a good deal. The site is highly recommended.

As this is the first day, how things will pan out is unclear, but for now this is still a valid guideline if you really want to save money this Summer Sale, and remember, if you see a tantalizing standard deal:
    Spoiler:

...is what I would say, normally. However, about a year ago, Valve decided to do away with that model. No more Flash Sales. No more Community's Choice. No more Daily Deals. Sadly, this also means no fun Sales games such as the Clicker game from last year or the treasure hunts of yore. What you see is what you get. So if you find that the best deal is on Steam for the game that you want, waiting until later in the sale is more of a personal choice than an objectively smart one.

Also, it's just started. Over the next hour, the number of discounted items will likely increade dramatically. Steam's so large these days that it takes a bit of time to discount every involved cataloged item.

---

With that in mind, is there anything you plan on buying? Anything that you've bought? Or do you have any questions about this whole thing?

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    G2A! Yeah stolen keys to deprive Devs on money because you're too cheap to actually buy the game yeah!

On a brighter note, this will be me

Steam Summer Sale 2016

It starts

So an actual question, is anyone else more excited about the bit more... behind the scenes stuff. The winter sale left the ARG community with a lot more questions than answers... Will there be more to find, or are we just getting our leg pulled?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    G2A! Yeah stolen keys to deprive Devs on money because you're too cheap to actually buy the game yeah!
    Yeah, it's the grayer part of the gray market, and if you don't support the model, I say don't go for 'em.

But at the same time, you can get some pretty good deals from some pretty honest sellers (such as myself, those two times I sold things) if you buy from the marketplace. But I'd hardly say it's about being cheap, especially considering the sale really is the best time to look for the best deals. Saving's the name of the game.

Moreso now, when the site gets flooded with users who bought during the sale. But if enough people have a problem with its inclusion, I'll gladly remove it. After all, I won't ignore that some pretty disgusting business does go down in terms of key acquisition in various cases, so I have no problem removing it if people don't like that it's there.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 6, 2024
    Yep, Steam is slow as snail right now. I just want the trading cards really, I could care less about the games because I'll end up playing Stellaris, EUIV, or Heats of Iron IV anyway. It's been an hour and I've only completed one discovery queue...

pkmin3033

What am I NOT buying, Jesus. Literally everything in my wishlist is on sale, and I don't have many Steam titles. Time to change all that, methinks.

For today, I'm just getting Neptunia Re;Birth 1. Tomorrow I'll get the other two and FFVIII. Then I'll wait until next week, because otherwise I will buy a terrifying amount in a short space of time...

Sir Codin

I need to start bumping up my job search and doing more chores around my parent's house....dear god, I'm strapped for cash, but if something I really wanted is on sale, I WILL give in.

Here's what I just impulse bought in the last ten minutes:

- Alpha Protocol
    - Bardbarian
    - Castle Crashers
    - Chivalry: Medieval Warfar
    - Ys VI
    - I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream

Current wallet casualties: $20

HALP ME, OH MA GAWWWD

Last edited:

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    Steam sales get more and more boring with every one you see. After a while, you'll have the most game you wanted, and just wait for a harder drop for games you don't have. In my case, the only games I might get is the Cheeki Breeki trilogy. I really wanted to play those games, and now I can get all three for less than 10$. I really hope I stay at that, I already have 200 games too many on Steam.

Sir Codin

My wallet will not survive this otherwise....

pkmin3033

I'll give you a heads up here. If you plan to buy FFVIII, sign up for a Square Enix account first, as it can take a while for an activation email to arrive. You need a SE account to be able to even run the game, which I found absurd.
    Pretty sure I've already got one of these...I played FFXIV last year for six months. Needed a SEN account to pay for the subscription, I think. It IS absurd though, I quite agree.

I'm pretty sure Neptunia Re;Birth 1 will work on my laptop, but I'll not find out until tomorrow because my connection is a pile of crap. I'll pick up the download tomorrow, test it out, and if it works I'll immediately buy the other two and FFVIII, which I'll get regardless. But I'll have to wait until I get paid again next week for the YS/Trails titles and the Sonic Humble Bundle, which I may or may not have squealed over.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I would get Stardew Valley, but since it's coming to consoles later this year...

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Call of Duty franchise on a big sale once again, because you know its how Lord Gaben feels like doing so, for the nth millionth time.

ORCS MUST 2 AT a huge discount, being sold at 104.98 PHP (My currency)

Deus Ex Franchise, and..

WUT THE ACTUAL F***K
    WHY GABEN WHY! then again, that's how some of you will have to buy it. I HIGHLY ENDORSE IT! I bought mine at 1 day after launch anyway, so all I need to do now is to get its upcoming DLC.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
    Might get portal 2 while the price is reasonable. I'm not a big fan of steam (I have about 5 games) but portal 2 is one I seriously want.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    Guess almost 30 euros spent.
    Steam Summer Sale 2016

Now here's hoping that I get the spin off NepNeps as well for the Winter sale, as long as they drop bellow 10. Gaben always finds a way to drain your wallet.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Can someone pay me for sex please?

My wallet will not survive this otherwise....

Think of Gaben x D.Va smut fiction. You'll never ever have to have an organism during a steam sale ever again XD.

I bought Overwatch for pure cash so that i don't have to overcharge my C-Card for any steam stuff i wanna buy. Yes my wallet is sad, but at least VISA won't DP my ass for now.

Back