• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steel is the master race

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    LOL hate 2 burst ya bubble my dude, but my Flareon cud pwn most if not all steel types wit jus 1 of his Flamethrowers usually.

Don't get me wrong, steel is awesome, but yea....

Hahaha, I love it!

Most of my Pokemon could take out steel easily, what in the world are you talking about? lol.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I'm kinda miffed that Steel isn't weak to Electric.

Years
    Steel is like Rock .. except Pyschic doesn't do crap to it. *shrug .. Wouldn't call it "master of anything" anymore than Rock is "master" of anything.

I can already think of at least 3 types that would super effect on it. (Fighting, Fire, Ground and sometimes Water/Elec depending if it has a second type) .. I mean, it's nice not being able to be poisoned and all, but to me Steel is more of a hinderance because all of those type moves are pretty common. They're not as slow as Rock either.. but yeah. You may be able to beat the game using nothing but steel, but fighting anything other than the AI, and you're toast man.

Sayomi Amaya

"Gifted Trainer"
    Years
    "Steel pokemon are great but they do of course have their bad type match ups such as bulky water pokemon." "Heatran appears to be one of the more popular of steel types since it's Fire/Steel and it has the abillity Flash Fire that just absorbs Fire moves even Will-o-Wisp." "Scizor is another overated Steel pokemon that many trainers love to use." "Heatran and Scizor together makes a great partnership but i recommend that you watch out for ground/fighting attacks being dealt to Heatran." "Metagross is also another great Steel pokemon that can get alot done and Metagross happens to be my favorite of all the Steel types!" :)

Last edited:

livelyhans

Verdanturf Town Trainer
    Years
    hmm.. about steel pokemon..? i got Metagross... this steel Pokemon is really awesomooo.. dunno why.. it's defense and Special Attck Power.. i love it.. but why Metagross doesn't learn Cosmic power....hmm..it can crush my house indeed.. hahaha... this steel pokemon is my partner...

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
    Steel types are great defensively. They can like resist how many types? Like a lot. But offensively... Not so much. Plus there's Earthquake, fire-types, and fighting-types to worry about. And since A LOT of Pokemon can learn Earthquake... Yeah.

Years
    I'm kinda miffed that Steel isn't weak to Electric.
    This.

But then again, it would make electric a little too powerful, huh? It's already strong against the common water and flight type, and weak to only ground.

In contrast though, isn't steel not very effective against electric?

Markus_of_Hoenn

Grass-Type Lover
    Years
    Master Type? I think not... Everyone has a type preferance, thus figuring out the best Pokemon and moves accordingly, and developing a style of battle that fits them. Like for me, I love Grass-Types, and I think I battle quite efficiently with them. Sure your Steel-Type may have many resistances but Ground-Type and Fire-Type destroy them(My brother is fond of Steel-Type and Dragon-Type[Team: Metagross, Lucario, Scizor, Dragonite, Tryannitar, and Empoleon]) So yea, it's all only in your head.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Thanks to how nicely the game is balanced as far as type matchups go, there's hardly any reason to call steel the master race. Sure, steels can wall nearly everything in the game, but save for Lucario, Scizor, Metagross, and Magnezone, none of them have any decent offensive power...and Infernape or anything that can get a fast Earthwuake in just lawl's at steels. D:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    k? This thread isn't really for generating any discussion, more like pointless trolling. :/

Thread Closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back