• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steel Team

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    I use these four guys in Platinum. I aim more for roleplay and recreation playing rather than competitively so my team is most likely not up to Smogon-par:

Scizor
    ~Bullet Punch
    ~False Swipe
    ~Swords Dance
    ~U-turn

Metagross
    ~Psychic
    ~Earthquake
    ~Agility
    ~Substitute

Mawile
    ~Iron Head
    ~Iron Defense
    ~Baton Pass
    ~Sweet Scent

Teddiursa (not Steel typed, I know. He's in the squad for RP reasons only)
    ~Rest
    ~Sleep Talk
    ~Shadow Claw
    ~Toxic

Years
  • Id replace Mawile, if it was me. Maybe replace it with either Steelix or Forretress.
    Im not a huge fan of steel types though, they kinda annoy me to be honest.
    Its up to you.
    Metagross is a good one though, and Scizor can be pretty hardcore with the right moveset.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Thanks for the opinion. I actually have the whole team setup for RP purposes. Like the OP said, I'm not aiming for competitiveness, just fun. I have considered adding a Skarmory to my team in place of Mawile though.

And to be honest Fever, I've got no clue why they moved my thread to this "In-game help" zone. I wasn't asking for help, I was just letting people see my RP team.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I aim more for roleplay and recreation playing rather than competitively

^That's why it's in in-game, it's not a competitive team =3

But yeah, honestly anything will work in-game for whatever use you want, but if you're going on the mono-steel route throw in Metagross and Magnezone, as they are more useful in-game as they have offensive power, as defense and stalling aren't as important

Back