• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stella Glow

grassdragon

Grass Lover!
    Years
    Stella Glow

Mithra Village is a small peaceful place where Alto and Lisette live. That is until Hilda, the Witch of Destruction comes and sings her Song of Ruin that turns the entire village to crystal. After initially sparing Alto and Lisette, Hilda and one of her followers confront them and due to Lisette's grief combined with the mysterious crystal Alto gave Lisette for her birthday, she transforms into the Water Witch and Alto and Lisette's world is changed forever.

I really love this game. The only downside to it is that it doesn't have Japanese Voices however, the Songs (which are an important game mechanic) are in their original Japanese and let me just say that they are beautiful! I can highly recommend this 3ds game!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    You know, I bought it when it came out it here in North America, but I still haven't so much as put the game into the 3DS even. My friend said there's nothing particularly wrong with the game, in term of faults, but nothing stand out either aside from the music. It looked like my sort of game so I bought it off a whim, but just haven't found time to play it yet.

grassdragon

Grass Lover!
    Years
    You know, I bought it when it came out it here in North America, but I still haven't so much as put the game into the 3DS even. My friend said there's nothing particularly wrong with the game, in term of faults, but nothing stand out either aside from the music. It looked like my sort of game so I bought it off a whim, but just haven't found time to play it yet.

Personally, I really enjoyed the story. It has some really nice aspects to it as well as some great plot twists.
    Like I said earlier, the music is amazing.
    I love most of the characters.

I hope you eventually find time to play it.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    That synopsis gives the impression that Lisette is the main character, lol. We actually had a thread about Stella Glow a week or two after it came out in NA. Shamelessly, copy-and-pasting my response from then... (with slight edits.)
    I've bought it since released, and have finished it since. I enjoyed it. It was far from the best SRPG experience, that I've ever played. But, it's a cute little game that might itch a person's SRPG fix. If anyone has played Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, or even Luminous Arc, you'll feel right at home. It has everything you would expect from that sort of structure, meaning height, direction-changing, and back-attacks.

The music is definitely one of the more memorable aspects of the game. Amatsu battle theme and the Angel theme are pretty darn kick-ass, for the few that pop from my head. Most of the vocal tracks are great, with the only exception of one, being a hit or miss with some people. Still, if you're familiar with Japanese voice actors, you might appreciate some of the vocalist like Emi Nitta, Yoshino Nanjo, Maaya Uchida, etc.

I do have a couple of gripes though. One of the biggest one, being objective variety. For a good portion of the game it's kill boss and protect NPC. The problem with this is that most strategies divulge into CHOKE THE POINT/BUILD THE WALL or sending Rusty and Nonoka to gank bosses. Thank god, there are side-objectives though. That makes you slightly adjust your strategy just a tad, but it's better than nothing.

Oh, one big disclaimer. There are no class changes aside from a handful of characters. I've read that people were expecting this to be like FFT with different jobs and vocations. That isn't the case. Everyone has preset skills and such.

For the plot. So, uh, lol. I've jokingly called this game Luminous Arc 2: Redux for many reasons. The plot being one of them. If you've played Luminous Arc 2, you'll have a pretty good idea on what will happen.

Go in with some low - mild expectations, and you'll get some enjoyment out of it for sure. On a side note, I'm sort of glad that imageepoch's last hurrah was with a callback to Luminous Arc, their very first game and franchise.

I did do a New Game + run, since this post. But, my opinion of the game hasn't changed that much (except for my opinion of Archibald, if you invest Free Time into him, he actually comes out decent! Not recommended on a first playthrough though, spending time with the Witches is much more worthwhile). Fun, cute, and charming. Difficulty is wonky at times, jumps from easy to mildly difficult back to easy again, especially near the mid - endgame portions. Still a little salty that LA3's level-up system wasn't used, but what can you do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, no official soundtrack released? I know imageepoch was defunct at the time, but man, your games have some nice soundtracks. It would have been nice to have albums from a couple of them, and at a respectable quality. I would kill for a Sol Trigger OST release.

grassdragon

Grass Lover!
    Years
    That synopsis gives the impression that Lisette is the main character, lol. We actually had a thread about Stella Glow a week or two after it came out in NA. Shamelessly, copy-and-pasting my response from then... (with slight edits.)

Is the thread still up? I looked for one but didn't find it. As for the synopsis....I'm terrible at those xP I've never been good at English stuff. That's why I'm a math/programming major xP

I did do a New Game + run, since this post. But, my opinion of the game hasn't changed that much (except for my opinion of Archibald, if you invest Free Time into him, he actually comes out decent! Not recommended on a first playthrough though, spending time with the Witches is much more worthwhile). Fun, cute, and charming. Difficulty is wonky at times, jumps from easy to mildly difficult back to easy again, especially near the mid - endgame portions. Still a little salty that LA3's level-up system wasn't used, but what can you do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I had a few difficulties near the end. Did you fight the true final boss?

True Final Boss and story afterwards.
    Spoiler:

Also, no official soundtrack released? I know imageepoch was defunct at the time, but man, your games have some nice soundtracks. It would have been nice to have albums from a couple of them, and at a respectable quality. I would kill for a Sol Trigger OST release.
    The only soundtrack that I know of is the cd with the 5 witches song's that comes with the game.

Arc

Years
    Is the thread still up? I looked for one but didn't find it.
    Nah. Died out after a couple of days.
    I had a few difficulties near the end. Did you fight the true final boss?

True Final Boss and story afterwards.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

grassdragon

Grass Lover!
    Years
    Nah. Died out after a couple of days.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Arc

Years
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Years
    Played this recently, I enjoyed it far more than I was expecting to. I was a little surprised that I liked all the characters and more surprised that I didn't come across a voice I particularly disliked. I don't play games for their story but I do appreciate a good one and I felt like it began a little slow and started to get interesting at about Chapter 5, when I felt like the juicy stuff that I figured would happen was going to start kicking in, and it did.

I only went for the normal ending even though I knew what to do to get the true ending, it gives me a little more motivation to do a NG+, which I started yesterday. I kind of miss the experience cap, it made things just a little more challenging I guess, and I enjoyed that. The last two missions were probably the most difficult, the second last in particular.

Music was really good. Showing enemies that do nothing on maps with a large amount of them did become an issue, however I feel like besides that, I didn't have much issues with it. Lack of enemy variety near the end could be one I guess.

I went in without any expectations so I'm glad it turned out to be a good purchase, It took me 44 hours to beat it. I didn't do any grinding. Luckily the game doesn't really require grinding ever and kind of punishes you for it since you have a much harder time getting the free hp/sp recovery upon level up. I think the final mission recommended Level 41 but I only had seven Level 38-39's. I think the recommended level was always one or two levels higher than what it should be, planning around those level ups let me use SP and be aggressive without any worry.

Back