• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Steven's Beldum

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald after you defeat the Elite Four and Champion, Steven leaves a Poké Ball in his house at Mossdeep City, alongside a letter. Once you grab the ball, it turns out to be a Pokémon, none other than his favorite—Beldum.

So, have you managed to get a hold of this Pokémon? If so, did you nickname? How long did it take you to fully evolve it? What moves did you have on it, if you remember? In general, what are your overall thoughts on Beldum—like it, or perhaps dislike?

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
    WHO COULD PHYSICALLY DISLIKE BELDUM >:0
    On four of my playthroughs I got it, but missed it on a speed run. First one I got was the only Pokemon I ever nicknamed, even to this day. I think it was something like "Shield". Raised it for 4+ hours in Victory Road, it evolved to a Metagross, and I traded it for a Shiny. On my most recent playthrough, I soft reset for about six days (NOT continuously, thank goodness) and finally got a Shiny Beldum. I thought I had captured the holy grail of Pokemon, but little did I know back then that it would have been ultimately perfect if it had the Adamant nature. Regardless, trained that one for a while near Mossdeep, and beat the Elite Four with it at some point.

Indifferent

So they say...
    Years
    As much as I love Metagross, I've only used that Beldum on my first playthrough of Sapphire because honestly, it just comes in way too late in the game for me to consider really using it for anything other than Pokedex completion. As for how long it took me to evolve it, I'm not entirely sure but it took a few runs through the E4 with the EXP share.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Funny story. A few years ago I was in a race with a friend to reset for a shiny one! I never got it, though. Would of have been really cool. It's kinda a shame that you get it post-game, as it's much harder to train then. If only you got given it when you first visited the Space Centre! ^_^

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
    Years
    After I got that Beldum, I evolved it to its final form and wrecked the battle frontier!...also its name was Peanut...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    As soon as I had gotten chance to obtain Beldum, I snatched up on the offer within a blink of an eye. I'm a big fan of this Pokémon in general, and am an even bigger fan of its evolution--Metagross--so I was never able to imagine myself leaving the Poké Ball there. I didn't nickname it, unfortunately, since this kind of stuff isn't my thing. To have it fully evolve, it took me approximately three days, and get to level 100, it required two extra.

Years
    I'm currently playing through Emerald and Beldum has evolved into Metang, I don't really have an opinion on this particular pokemon but I did nickname it Ironhide.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I used it to complete my Pokedex and then I think I boxed it! By the time I got it there were a dozen other Pokemon that I had already trained and liked using a lot more, so I don't think I ever picked it back up again. I don't really remember.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
    I evolved him for my complete Dex. Tried thinking of a special name for him but couldn't come up with anything that great.
    Weird thing is if I remember right Steven left a note for the player to take his dear Beldum. Not sure if he told the player to actually visit his home but if they didn't...that would be a sad long wait for Beldum :O

Sirfetch’d

I used it because I love Metagross a lot, especially back when I played Ruby! I got it right away and immediately began training it up and making it a member of my team. Sadly mine didn't have a great nature but still worked in game well enough haha.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
    I did pick him up. His dual type make him really useful to me. Still using it until now. (^-^)

ZenonPrototype

Prodigy of Ice
    Years
    I found it, had no idea what it was, looked online, decided to keep it, named it Steven (I was a kid), and got angry at how long it took to fully evolve it. Story of my life.

Overall, if you have the time, train it. If you didn't...make the time. Nuff said.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Ok so i like beldum and hoped to get one it took me not so long... Ya extremely long it was a pain but after couple days training and daycare i got it up there it wasnt fair they gave it post game i wanted it b4 no nickname
    Moves
    Iron defense
    Psychic
    Meteor mash
    Hyper beam
    Btw metagross learns hyper earm just a little b4 level 80 WHERE WAS THE TM THEN HUH WHYYYY!?!

Back