• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Still Watching?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    lol, how few people in the Pokemon anime section actually watch the anime :S. Weird.

That's how Pokecommunity has always been. Remember when DP was airing and you saw a whole bunch of threads about people whining about Misty returning, the voice actors changing, and how they didn't like Dawn and Piplup? The funny thing is none of those people were actually watching the anime at the time, they were just basing what they knew about it from comments or pictures they saw online.

All the anime fans have always been on either bulbagarden or serebii, pokecommunity's anime section has just been filled with people who grew up with the Kanto and Johto portion of the show and never bothered to get into the following arcs.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Im one of rare pokemon watchers which never stopped following pokemon anime. I still enjoy in prospect of Ash traveling and exploring different regions,his personality,pokemon,development he goes through,rivalries he makes with each new saga refreshing character and reinventing it in different and unique way.
    I also like seeing traveling companions getting introduced and forming relationship with main protagonist going through their own development from point A to point B(granted not everyone were used as much as it was possible,but you get the point).Im also interested in new features and pokemon which are transferred from games to anime and in what way writers depicted them.

Sure i have some complaints like older characters being treated like garbage being much better to implement character rotation for a change giving chance to ex companions to use some of potential they have getting chance to shine and receive actual closures,Ash development going at snail pace speed,pacing being horrible for most time etc.

Actually thats my biggest peeve about pokemon anime with producers and show executives doing in longer run very, very unwise move with such strategy.
    Because while i still like Ash hoping he will get somewhere, everything loses meaning and credibility if history, past events and characters which molded him in who he is now or their own unfinished stories and lives which shouldnt be ditched aside but recognized are erased away like they never mattered or existed(see Misty, May, Dawn, Cilan, Max etc, etc). Defeating message of consistent story which builds on itself and maintaind ties with its roots, meaningful friendship and relationship which stays relevant and impacting on plot over time and anyone goal and aspirations not being erased like all effort and pain they went through was in vain rewarding them eventually.

But overall at end of the day pokemon show is still enjoyable,refreshing and relaxing to watch at least in my opinion.

That's how Pokecommunity has always been. Remember when DP was airing and you saw a whole bunch of threads about people whining about Misty returning, the voice actors changing, and how they didn't like Dawn and Piplup? The funny thing is none of those people were actually watching the anime at the time, they were just basing what they knew about it from comments or pictures they saw online.

All the anime fans have always been on either bulbagarden or serebii, pokecommunity's anime section has just been filled with people who grew up with the Kanto and Johto portion of the show and never bothered to get into the following arcs.

No offense, but thats very brash statement to make. For example i want Misty back as well, and im regular viewer of pokemon anime not missing on any pokemon season.

I know myself many people which would like that Misty returns, big number of them who followed all pokemon sagas. Simply missing Misty because she was in their opinion more entertaining character missing strong presence she gives to group through her tomboyish, sarcastic, humorous and caring adventurous personality.
    And most of all because they were disappointed with way her character was replaced never receiving enough development nor her story ever received closure with many things being left unexplored(like her goal of becoming water pokemon master , childhood dream of meeting legendary water pokemon learning its deepest secrets and fully connect to their thoughts and feelings(which every masrer of type is expected to do),potential to find more about past and some flaws which are standing on way still being left unsolved etc providing enough material to do something worthwhile out of it.
    Valid complaint from their side if you ask me, not being wrong thing to miss on character wanting him back.

As long as you dont bash successors and newer sagas, respecting different opinions.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • Pretty much near the end of Hoenn because I don't know, something really bad happened somehow or they messed up, but that's just barely the reason, I stopped watching mostly because they swapped Brock out, and then the overall quality just *poof* up and vanished, the plot got so repetitive that I could practically guess out everything that would happen in the episode.

StarDragon

Shining like a star!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2014
    I never really watched the anime regularly until XY. I tried watching DP and BW, but they just didn't cut it for me.
    I mean, I've watched more episodes of BW then I have of any other season, but that'll change soon enough since I'm regularly watching XY with a friend. From what I have seen of the other seasons, I feel that XY is much better than the rest of them. I'm really enjoying it, at least.

So, I guess I am still watching then. Or, I started watching more often anyway.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • It started getting too sugarcoated-feeling for me around mid-Johto, and I stopped watching it altogether since early Hoenn.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • ^ This with me, except replace "sugar coated" with meandering. Fillers out your nose.

I did start watching again staring at the beginning of XY, though. It seems to be interesting and has some nice attention to detail. I like how Ash seems to be the oldest one in the group now, it changes up the dynamic, and I can tell he's not the same character I remembered following up to Advanced Generation.

Years
  • I'm still watching! Except I don't keep up with episodes as they air out of laziness haha. Got burnt out with Best Wishes around the time of Decolore's release so I haven't seen most of those yet but have been trying to keep up with X&Y; it's one of my favorite sagas so far and the traveling companions make it so worth it. Such amusing interactions! :')

Have plans to go and look through episodes I missed in the future, too. I've been trying to wait for subs but raws are good enough for someone like me. So long as I can see my favorites it doesn't matter if I can only understand a small portion. 8D;

Years
  • I don't think I watched the entirety of the Black and White series but I've kept up to date with the X and Y series as they've been releasing the English dub of it - so far I've really liked the episode "A Rush of Ninja Wisdom," made me really like Ash's Froakie :)

In between those episodes I've also been rewatching the Hoenn series, I'd forgotten how much I liked it haha definitely one of my favourites :)

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    When I see the anime the way it is now, one thought pops into my head?

Histeria got canceled for this!?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Stopped watching it around the Orange Islands largely because of the opening being changed. I tried to watch it around Johto, but then the Socka Party ad on KidsWB basically drove me away from it. AG, I didn't even want to watch it because I feared I'd be watching a baby show (You can pretty much thank "Arthur" for that), and the one time I did watch an episode of AG is a very painful experience for me. I did attempt to watch DP, but the episode where Dawn caught Buneary drove me away. Well, that and Ash's loss against Rourke. I have not watched any episodes of BW or XY.

Pretty much the only series I've actually sat through start to finish was Kanto (though I did plan to watch through the Orange Islands, my boycott to ensure the writers brought back Misty basically destroyed that opportunity), although I did sit through Johto during that marathon leading up to DP's official airing (only missed parts of the Totodile episode due to a very busy day at Barnes and Noble), and have no regrets for that.

And I'm pretty certain that the ratings of the series are sinking, I know such was the case for AG and DP. Even Johto did better than AG, and let me point out this was for both America and Japan.

EDIT: And based on the track record of BW and XY, I'm doubtful I'll watch any of the episodes (I mean, when Ash basically has the same results as Kanto, that's not a good thing at all, since the point is for him to improve. He did terribly in BW. At least with Kanto he had an excuse, since that was his first time.). At least Iris and Serena haven't proven themselves to be of the female anime stereotype, unlike May or Dawn, so they may be more like Misty in that regard, though its still inconclusive regarding them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2014
    I watched the anime till the DP series but after BW began i just left it. And after I say only one episode of XY just to hear the voice actors of the new characters I just decided not to watch pokemon anime again untill they bring a new story.

Back