• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stolen Layout

HelloPichu

Hello Pichu
Years
  • if a guy name Matty ( PokeRazzy ) give anybody a orange design it is stole it was used on my former site pokehq and i will sue any site that use that design so i am giving out warnings now. thanks

Navarr

Pokémon Sensei
    Years
  • Quite Frankly, thats some kind of ridiculous.

In this day and age, HTML and CSS are open source, and normally licensed under the GNU or Creative Commons. People are encouraged to share, to learn.

Why do you want to take that away?

HelloPichu

Hello Pichu
    Years
  • i am just giving warning just nobody accept the layout. i am not trying to be mean to anyone but i got the zips and all the layout designs that was made for me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2014
    That's really none of our fault that somebody "stole" your layout and is now distributing it across the web. I don't think that making a thread here is going to cause widespread knowledge of this, and it's not even that big of a deal anyways. Any real designers are going to make their own designs, not just take some design from some stranger who presented it to them. If you post up the .zip file, or even a screenshot of the layout, then we can really tell you if the layout is even good & if this thread has a point in general.

Lubricus

The one and only
    Years
  • You can't sue unless this layout is like CNN's then you can't sue ever notice when you right click in firefox and it says view source. HTML is open source get over it how are you going to sue someone you have no idea who he really is.

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
  • Yeah, but he can do a whois if the person has a domain. Or he can contact the host and get his email address and search him down from that. But that will probably not work.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • i think his point is that he doesn't want someone else using his design. now a screenshot or pic would have helped his cause.. but anyway lets not turn this into some off-topic flame fest.

layout designs/styles/gfx can be (and are quite regularly) copyrighted. Now, if he doesn't try protect his rights, he could loose them and all that.

Back