• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stop battle camera?

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    Is there a way to make the battle camera stay in a fixed position? I am trying to hunt for a shiny rockruff and since the camera is constantly moving when selecting a move I have to wait to get a view of a rockruff that was called by the original. If there is no way to do this, does the sprite on the bottom screen change based on if the pokemon is shiny or not?

Years
  • Unfortunately, there is no way to change the camera angle, and the sprite at the bottom does not change if it's a shiny. All you can do is observe if the Pokemon is shiny or not, and there is also the shiny jingle when it appears in battle.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    Unfortunately, there is no way to change the camera angle, and the sprite at the bottom does not change if its a shiny. All you can do is observe if the Pokemon is shiny or not, and there is also the shiny jingle when it appears in battle.

Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll just have to wait for the camera. I usually dont have the sound on, and probably would not hear the sound even if I did.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Yeah like Radi said, I'm afraid you can't change the battle camera angle my friend. Just observe carefully and you'll get it. If you don't like the battle camera then feel free to play Gen5 and below.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • I always thought it'd be cool to have some form of control over the battle camera. Either to keep it positioned at one of the angles, manually change the angles, or even keeping the movement fluidly when a Pokémon attacks without the quick cut.

Unfortunately, right now there's no way.

Back