• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Storyline

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Most of us that are viewing this read have played thought X and Y already, and for those who did, what are your overall thoughts on their plot? Were you satisfied by it? Disappointed? If it's latter, how come? What are some things that you would do to change that up? What was your most favorite moment in-game, and why? Would you like to see some sequel or third-installation to these games at some point? How would you want its storyline to be?

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2014
    The plot? I was very impressed with the plot of the game. I liked how instead of being tied to doing the traditional things in pokeon (completing your pokedex and becoming the champion) we instead were given with the task of exploring mega-evolutions. Other than this, I guess the plot was more or less the same when compared to previous instalments of the game.

I particularly liked team flare, I felt as though they weren't operating out of greed or evil, but out of fear. Most of its members joined because they were given two options. 1) Die alongside all of the pokemon once team flare successfully completes its mission, and 2) Fight alongside flare and live in the new world. I liked how this generation's antagonists had a more humane outlook on the poke-verse, as opposed to stealing pokemon and ruling the world just for pure greed and domination.

Years
  • I will say, I really enjoyed the storyline. The whole genocide concept was crazy, and at first I wasn't very thrilled about the idea of Team Flare, but when I played the game and saw the climax of the arc with the cover legendary, I was just amazed.

However, it was disappointing that most of the big stuff happens after the seventh badge, and then once you've beaten Lysandre you're just wanting more, but it was still an awesome arc.

Years
  • The storyline was actually pretty good. My favorite moments were the battle vs Lysandre, catching Xenereas and battle vs AZ. Team Flare were a really good villains overall. I'm not disappointed.

Back