• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Straight, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    It's like, why werent women recognized as potential powerful figures in the first place?

i live in a small town in southern us, here most people don't acknowledge that quite a few of the worlds greatest leaders were women and most of the guys i know have that dominant-male mindset. i've been told countless times how i should be in the kitchen instead of [insert common, everyday activity here]ing.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Anyone else feel the need to like sports you don't really like just to fit in?
    I was lucky enough to go to a high school that was more interested in the marching band than the sports teams. Even so, as a girl, most people assumed I had no interest in sports anyway. I do, just not the ones that everybody else is interested in, and if I went to sporting events I ended up having to root for my school's rival due to the fact that my uncle was the coach.

I think the most awkward thing for me so far is the fact that I'm in college and I've never been in a relationship before. People in my classes are getting engaged and/or have kids, and I'm still holding out for somebody to reciprocate feelings of adoration. The last guy I found myself interested in turned out to be gay and in a serious relationship, but I realized it was a desperate interest anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I think the most awkward thing for me so far is the fact that I'm in college and I've never been in a relationship before. People in my classes are getting engaged and/or have kids, and I'm still holding out for somebody to reciprocate feelings of adoration. The last guy I found myself interested in turned out to be gay and in a serious relationship, but I realized it was a desperate interest anyway.

it's ok to hold out, there's no reason to feel pressured by how fast-paced our generation has become with spewing out babies and getting into relationships that are usually based on lust. you'll know when the right guy comes along.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Steroetypes annoy me, people always thought I was wierd because of what I liked, it was only when we got to 17/18 when people eventually grew up and opened their minds to other things.

I personally prefer to be different rather than the same as every other person.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Steroetypes annoy me, people always thought I was wierd because of what I liked, it was only when we got to 17/18 when people eventually grew up and opened their minds to other things.

I personally prefer to be different rather than the same as every other person.

Me too.

Sure, I may not be beautiful but I'm me.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • I'm straight, but I still think you're a troll and a bit pissed.

Also, they didn't discriminate against straight people, what're you talking about?

Anyway, puberty for me was....weird, very lol. My voice kept cracking ;__;
    Lets get one thing straight(Pund). Fox is not a troll. They wouldn't make a troll a mod.

Also I am straight, and to contuine the conversation I have a problem. Well i have always had girl that are friends, and now one I knew for a while as formed a crush on me. Now I do not want to lead her on, nor do I want to end our long friendship. Also It's not like I am not attracted to her, it's just I have never thought of her in that kind of way. So, has anyone else faced this problem?

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Lets get one thing straight(Pund). Fox is not a troll. They wouldn't make a troll a mod.

Also I am straight, and to contuine the conversation I have a problem. Well i have always had girl that are friends, and now one I knew for a while as formed a crush on me. Now I do not want to lead her on, nor do I want to end our long friendship. Also It's not like I am not attracted to her, it's just I have never thought of her in that kind of way. So, has anyone else faced this problem?

Yes and we decided that because we were such close friends and we had so much history we would remian that way as opposed to changing our tempo.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    @NarutoActor

Me. But reversed. >__>

I like her more that a friend, but if she doesn't like me back, I don't want to lose her friendship.
    That would kill me. ;;
    They say honesty is the best policy. I think, especially in this situation, it's best to come out and tell her your feelings about her, but state that you don't want to lose her as a friend before you tell her so she can prepare herself for when you do tell her.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Wow. I hope you feel so much better about yourself after making this topic.

Perhaps now you can move on with your life and let us have our own support topic. It was never made to exclude you or any straight people, but I guess everybody loves to miss that point and make a big deal out of it.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Hey guys...I've been at work for the last two hours...what's going on in this thread?

Seriously, I'm surprised the heat died down after only three pages...I'm impressed. :P

I'm not entirely sure I can call myself straight or gay. I've been known to be called either sexually oblivious or outright asexual. Who knows? all I know is that I'm 22 years old and have never been in a serious relationship in my life. I'm not what you'd call "lonely"...just a but unsatisfied with life, and that may have more to do with my current monetary issues and the fact that I've been booted out of college and am having troubles getting the money to get back in. >_>

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This is like the best thread ever.

/straight mostly except I still love Sav :(

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • They say honesty is the best policy. I think, especially in this situation, it's best to come out and tell her your feelings about her, but state that you don't want to lose her as a friend before you tell her so she can prepare herself for when you do tell her.
    Thats the thing I am not sure how I feel. I just never thought of her in that way, sure I am attracted to her but there needs to be more than that, so I have just be waiting it out to see how things will go. Should I do something more?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back