• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

straight As

Years
    I get mostly As and Bs despite the fact I procrastinate on most my assignments. When it comes to tests, I'm a poor test-taker, so even if I'm placed in a quiet environment or study for quite some time, I usually have trouble getting an A. Still, I think the only test I've failed in college so far (well, got below a D) was in Japanese when I failed to take a quiz.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    Ever since i was in grade school, gardes came easily. I pulled 100s and 90s everywhere without studying a bit or even listening.
    Hell, i have an exam in the evening (which is pretty common here) in about 4 hours or so and i haven't studied a single subject...

Years
    In my time I have gone through three separate types of grading, so I'll start by summing things up haha.

In primary school (elementary) we usually used a system of checked boxes for effort and for achievement. I usually got ticked in the last box for achievement (which was the highest) and from the middle to last in effort.

In Middle School and High School we had A, B, C, D, E. I usually got A's and B's although there were exceptions.

In university we use Fail, Pass, Credit, Distinction, High Distinction. My grades do range but I rarely score less than a credit and I tend to primarily get distinctions and high distinctions.

Honestly I put minimal effort into study. I hate to study, but I love to teach. I consider myself lucky that I am clever enough to do as well as I do with minimal effort so I can reach that goal.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
    I always make getting good grades as a top priority. I usually get A's / B's (mostly A's though). Just this year, I was very close to getting straight A's, but math was the only subject that I got less than an A average. Oh well.

I make sure to study, but I usually don't need to put in hours of effort to get good grades. I don't study very much, like 10 minutes tops, and I still manage to do well. It's weird.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Good grades are my top priority in educational systems. What grades I get depends on the class I'm taking and how much I remember the material via studying. Since my major is mathematics, I get Bs in average when it comes to tests.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    My grades ended up being no bigger than C's, which was average. I had really big issues throughout school and it made me lose focus on the tests that I was doing. I think if I did those tests again now, I might have creeped up into the B's at least.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I've always been one of those students where getting good grades comes naturally. I just retain information really well so I tend to get straight A's.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I could get straight A's but I procrastinate and just don't do stuff so I get C's.

Girl

04/07/14
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2014
    I slept during most of my classes and played video games throughout high school, yet I was the valedictorian of my graduating class.

I'm now in my third year at my university, working toward my BS in Math & Computer Science; I've scored A's in all but two classes. One was probably the most difficult course I've ever taken in my career (scored a B, though); in the other, I was just unwilling to do the homework (scored a C+). Current GPA is 3.65, which I'm pretty proud of.

Years
    Freshman year, I didn't get the grades I felt I could achieve if I tried hard enough. They weren't bad, per say, but basically I spent the whole year slacking off in all my classes, haha, so if I actually put some effort into it, I probably would've gotten exemplary marks. This year, I cleaned up my act a bit and got more into the ball park of what I'm aiming for, but laziness is not an easy habit to break n__n;

Last edited:

Tolkin

Meowstic
    Years
    I don't pay much attention to my grades, but I try to get at least a C or a B above. Sadly, I ended up flunking this year due to depression and ended up with 6 Fs to the point where I had to transfer to a different school. Not fun at all, but I managed to climb out of it. Now I get straight As.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I was able to maintain a high enough GPA to get cum laude & magna cum laude honors on both my Bachelor's degree and Associate's degree respectfully. I worked part/full time jobs through 2/3 of my college education. So I'm pretty proud of my accomplishments and I'm really happy with my results.

I didn't have to study extremely hard, but I put in the effort to achieve what I got. :)

Years
    I can easily get straight A's if I chose to, haha. Not a fan of studying, and not doing much of anything usually gets me in the C+ to A range, so nothing to really complain about.

Now in the classes that I found interesting or challenging, I always got top grades. I play to the competition, so to speak.

srinator

We don't have A's or other alphabets system, it's straight percentages for us. I was always good at studies, well obviously I studied but not as hard as many others I know, even then I got better grades than most of them B) sometimes I hate the fact that I am a lazy person, but oh well.
    I am/was really good at maths tho (yes I finished school and am now in college), like really good I used get an average of 95% :D although I sucked in chemistry :( like around 80's and that too if I studied for it, oh well.

In other words I lack the motivation to get the A's but I get the A's :D

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Am I the only person who thought this was a thread about your sexual orientation and responded with "Straight As: A wet noodle"?

Anyway, yeah I'm a 4.0 student, straight a's, perfect attendance, and all that jazz. I think that paying for school on one's own it's a pretty big motivator to do well haha. That and I actually love school and consider higher education one of the best things someone can do with their life.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    I think this isn't as much of a psychological issue as is a sociological issue. Like in other words, how you were brought up and what your culture and family values. Although it doesn't hurt to be smart. I am pretty intelligent but I am only motivated by things that genuinely interest me. Therefore, i did so/so in school.

Years
    I'm mostly a good student. If I like the teacher, I do amazing in the class. If I hate the teacher, I get B's. So far, life has been good to me, and I've gotten a 3.8 for 63 credit hours which is about the same as being a junior in college/university.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I'm failing class!!

Or... are you? People have different ideas as to what constitutes below average and failing in many things. Probably the easiest thing to associate and compare those feelings to is school. While some of you may have graduated college/high school and moved on, the fact remains that most of you had classes and had to pass those classes. What's your idea on a "bad" grade? Are you that straight A student for whom a B+ is a death sentence? Or are you more lax, and only worry when a D shows up (or their counterpart for systems that don't use a letter grade)? Feel free to share any interesting stories regarding school grades :x

Personally, a B is the bare minimum. A B- is, in my opinion, a bad grade. I've legitimately freaked out because I thought I'd get a B- in a specific class (ironically, it was a class I was actually trying really hard in). Scraped with a B though. Well, that's scraping in my opinion :P yet to get anything below a B in college, that makes me super happy, not gonna lie

Years
    What's the difference between B+ and B-? Doesn't really affect the GPA either way.

Anyways I'm not satisfied with anything less than All As and 1 B. Maybe 2 I can live with if I took more classes.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    There's a big jump if you go to a more competitive school like I did - people who are used to As, maybe a B or two in their entire high school career, are suddenly actually challenged and get some Cs and Ds. It really changes your perspective; when someone who graduated valedictorian of their high school gets a C, it's really not so bad.

It was actually pretty good for me because it taught me to not worry so much about grades, which ended up working out well for me. I was lucky though and happened to develop a skill that happened to get me into the line of sight of some people to get me where I needed to be where grades were irrelevant; since this relied so heavily on me being in the right place at the right time I wouldn't necessarily recommend ignoring grades for the sake of developing a skill haha. It was nice to be challenged for once though!

e:
    What's the difference between B+ and B-? Doesn't really affect the GPA either way.

Anyways I'm not satisfied with anything less than All As and 1 B. Maybe 2 I can live with if I took more classes.

In most schools, it does affect the GPA. A = 4.0, A- = 3.7, B+ = 3.3, B = 3, B- = 2.7...I don't remember if those are the exact numbers so give or take a few but that's the idea.

Back