• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Strange Egg

Wing_Justice

PsyFire Trainer
Years
  • I just recieved an EGG from my friend from a Trade. He doesnt know either and me neither. What's a Bad Egg?

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • You can't trade eggs in the GBA games (the last time I checked)

You get bad eggs when cheating codes are used, or maybe when the game is turned off while trading..

Idle.

Seriously.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2008
    Hmm.. I don't know what a bad egg is but maybe try hatching the egg and see what is inside.

Years
  • Hmm.. I don't know what a bad egg is but maybe try hatching the egg and see what is inside.

The only problem with that is that Bad Eggs can't be hatched. In the egg's profile, it says that this egg will take a long time to hatch which they mean literally. Bad eggs are there to take up space in your PC and I don't think there is a way to get rid of one since you can't release them or trade eggs. >_>

Wing_Justice

PsyFire Trainer
    Years
  • I just realized something. It had Pokerus, i remember someone saying its like a gift from the Pokemon God, but i dont remember what It really do.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • It does nothing, it's the result of a bad cheat you have used.
    It's true, you can't get rid of it, just keep it where it can't do any harm in the PC.
    As I said before, eggs cannot be traded in Gba games.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • It had Pokerus, i remember someone saying its like a gift from the Pokemon God, but i dont remember what It really do.

Actually, it's more like a punishment from the Pokemon god. A Bad Egg, as was stated before, is an egg that takes a ridiculously long time to hatch, and when it does, it crashes your game. It's a sign that someone on either end has been hacking, as one of the biggest ways to get it if you've used AR, GameShark, or a similar device and screw up the code that you tried to use. (Another way, according to my research, is if something messed up while trading -- possibly the power on one of the GBAs ran out in the middle of a trade -- although I've never heard of any horror stories involving this to the best of my recollection.) Occasionally, yes, it comes with Pokerus, but given what the Bad Egg can do by itself, it's really not even worth having.

Wing_Justice

PsyFire Trainer
    Years
  • sry for being me to cheat, I had no other choice if i wanted Deoxis and Jirachi. Well I've been demasked. I used Jirachi code and Doexis code at the same time, makin both of them apear in the same spot in the box, I didnt predict they were going to be in the same spot, with a Deoxys Sprite and a Jirachi Box Sprite and a Bad Egg Status, thus maybe making this Abomination CAlled Bad Egg.

If only the Creators thought of like: Beat the league 100 times and get this ticket to go to Birth Island or something.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    sry for being me to cheat, I had no other choice if i wanted Deoxis and Jirachi. Well I've been demasked. I used Jirachi code and Doexis code at the same time, makin both of them apear in the same spot in the box, I didnt predict they were going to be in the same spot, with a Deoxys Sprite and a Jirachi Box Sprite and a Bad Egg Status, thus maybe making this Abomination CAlled Bad Egg.

If only the Creators thought of like: Beat the league 100 times and get this ticket to go to Birth Island or something.

Preposterous! How else will nitendo milk every dollar out of us? jk I feel the same way

\\Ceiran//

up to my neck in piplups!
    Years
  • actually, i rsmember reading somewhere that you can hatch a bad egg, and you get- wait for it- a bad egg!
    idk if its true thoough

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • sry for being me to cheat, I had no other choice if i wanted Deoxis and Jirachi.

Well, with Jirachi, there are actually ways to get one fairly easily. Because Jirachi can be obtained through the English version of the bonus disc that was given out whenever you preordered Colosseum and because people may use the disc a few times before running out of things to do with it, you can find them on eBay for as low as a few dollars. Sure, you still have to cough up some money, but it's easier than going to an event and doesn't actually go to Nintendo.

For Deoxys and other unobtainable-because-the-event-is-long-gone Pokemon, I can understand not having a buddy to trade a Deoxys with, but if you're going to hack, you've got to make sure you know what you're doing. Otherwise, you can run into all sorts of fun problems that can just be chalked up to player error. In other words, read the manual that comes with the device, do some online research, and be extremely careful with what you turn on or code in, or you're just better off asking more people if they've got the Pokemon you're looking for. *shrug*

As for your note about Bad Eggs hatching into Bad Eggs, \\Ceiran//, there may be a possibility for that, but almost all of the accounts I've heard about people experimenting with Bad Eggs have ended with the Bad Egg hatching into nothing at all (or one of the varieties of question mark glitches) and the game immediately crashing.

Danus

Failed Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • BAD EGGS!! DANGER!! DON't HATCH IT!! It hatchs into another bad egg, then hatches again after every 1 step!! And it can currupt your data!!

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    I just recieved an EGG from my friend from a Trade. He doesnt know either and me neither. What's a Bad Egg?
    luckily i know the problem when your friend used a cheat code to get a certain pokemon he left the AR (ill asume) on but you are supposed to turnt he switch off to catch it then turn it back on after but if he left it on it turned into a bad egg.
    they can also hatch after a very long time ill tell you that but however it froze and completly crashed my game so dont bother trying it

Mr. Sanders

AaMayL Supporter for life!
    Years
  • My Experience with bad eggs

One day I was doing some work on my hack, and after making some minor edits to maps etc. I opened the game in VisualBoy Advance and played till the last place I edited, then I went into the next place and then back into the previous. Here comes the wierd bit.

I recieved a call on my pokenav. It went crazy. All these numerouis random letters came up and took ages to go away. When it stopped I walked across and a clone of me was standing where I had been upon recieving the call. I was facinated so I started to film it. I recieved another call on my pokenav. same thing happened as before but this time no clone. Then I checked my pokemon and they were all bad eggs. I went into summary on one and the game froze. So I rebooted. The glitch never came back....

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Morale of the story - cheaters sometimes get what they deserve.

BTW - You certainly can trade eggs. I do it all the time in RSE.

Back