• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strange, Funny, and Weird Facts of the Pokemon World!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
1) In Episode 19: "Tentacool and Tentacruel", when Nastina fantasises her hotel's underwater suites, you can see REAL-LIFE fish around the reef.
2) Pokemon are distinguished by species, such as "Jellyfish" and "Swallow", while there are NO "Jellyfish and Swallow".
3) According to "Holly Matrimony" and "The Ghost of the Maiden's Peak", the people in Kanto are catholic christian. Guess what the flaw is here...
dpmfa493.png
(egg group anyone?)

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
Now a fact that most people wouldn't know? There are non-Pokemon animals in the Pokemon world. That's right, regular animals.

Check Episode 16, "Shipwreck!". It's the one where the S.S. Anne sinks... anyway, a few minutes into the episode, Misty wakes Ash up and tells him to look out of the porthole. Guess what he sees?

It may be taken down soon, out check it out while you can.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlRmnVZEmug
@ 03:07

WHERE IS YOUR ARCEUS NOW?!

here's another fact - the early anime is as reliable as a mouldy sock :D

and a few real ones.....

• Miltank produces almost 20kg of milk daily - that's more than a quarter of its own weight.
  • Team Rocket have been the villains in 9 out of the 15 mainstream games (60%)
  • Emerald received the lowest average score on Metacritic of the main games.
  • Normal is the only type not to be super-effective against anything.
  • In Generation 1, Elixir was misspelled as Elixer
  • Paralyz heal does not exist. The item is called Parlyz Heal.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Absol is the only Pokémon with Pressure as a dual ability that has just one type.
Despite being able to learn Vine Whip and breed with Carnivine who can learn Power Whip, Bulbasaur is unable to learn said move by breeding.​

JakeProTrainer

Insane Strategist
Years
I love trivia.

Swablu is obsessive-compulsive.
Togekiss is only a technical pacifist.
A rampaging Tyranitar can destroy areas that are hundreds of thousands of times larger then itself. This may have something to do with the fact that Larvitar eat the mineral equivalent of a large mountain before evolving.
Pupitar can move in a manner similar to a jet plane.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
I have one: Mew is (as far as I know) the only Pokemon with real-world whereabouts.
Remember the diary in Cinnabar Mansion?
The explorers were searching locations in Guyana.

Also, Lt. Surge is a foreigner... his nickname is The Lightning American, remember? I guess he's based on Guile or something.

One that everyone should know is that the regions in the Pokemon games are based on areas of Japan. Kanto is based on... well, Kanto, Johto is based on Kansai, Hoenn is based on Kyushu... possible somewhere as specific as Kagoshima.. and Sinnoh is based on Hokkaido. There isn't anywhere in Japan like Orre, and I'm unfamiliar with the territories from the Mystery Dungeon and Ranger games.

In one of the early episodes of the anime, Misty is scared by a Caterpie, and Ash says, "A cow? Where?!", while in a black and white dairy cow costume. This is because the Japanese words for bug and cow (mushi and ushi, respectively) sound similar. In a later episode, Ash is seen eating gyudon, a dish almost always made with beef (gyudon could be translated as 'beef bowl').

Now, some interesting questions. Slowpoke supposedly evolves into Slowbro when a Shellder clamps onto its tail... so why can Slowpoke evolve when there are no Shellders around? Similarly, what's up with Magneton and Dugtrio? Why do they count as one Pokemon, and not three? I guess I can understand Magneton, but a Dugtrio is just three Digletts in the same hole!

I can understand most type match-ups. Water and grass can erode rocks, a great fighter is useless if someone uses telekinesis on them, and birds eat bugs... but what exactly does steel have on rock? Why should the dark fear bugs? I don't really understand what it is rocks do to ice...

JakeProTrainer

Insane Strategist
Years
Theorizing: My Hobby.

Steel is essentially purified minerals, a "pure" form of rock. If you've ever seen someone use a gun against a rock, you'll notice the rock shatters into several pieces. Same principle applies to steel swords and other handheld weaponry, as long as they are used with suffecient force.
As for bugs and Dark as well as Psychic types...
I always interpreted the Dark type as being along the lines of "Incomprehensible, Cosmic, Eldritch, Arcane, Places and Thoughts where Man (and Psychic Pokemon) was Not Meant to Go." Bugs are effective against both Dark types and Psychic types because their thought process is so simple it subverts the mind/thought/arcane based powers of both of these types.
Note that all of the above is pure speculation. I don't know if there are any official reasons behind the type weaknesses and strengths; I merely theorize out of enjoyment.
Edit: This was made in response to the last post on the previous page.

Last edited:

Neko Keeshi

ub3r l33t n00b
Years
I've always thought that Dark types would be more 'close minded' than other pokemon, thus, psychic move do not work on them, and, they are able to use their 'dirty tricks' to get those smart psychic types very easy

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Did you know that...
A fainted Pokemon cannot spit water, but it can dig a long tunnel. The latter take more energy to do.
Not that big of a deal, but the last reply to this thread before you replied was on April 18th, 2009. That was more than a year ago. Thread revival is prohibited in this particular forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back