• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strangest moves?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I'm playing Blue right now, and my Victreebell just used Acid. Why does the game feel a need to play a song? Is it supposed to be the acid song? It's not Sing...just Acid. Oh well. Know any other weird moves? And it can be from any generation.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • It sounds like seeds on fire, which obviously doesn't go well for a grass type attack. Lick doesn't look like a lick. It looks like the opponent stuck a piece of tape you and ripped it off.

Ayselipera

Well I thought Water Gun was weird looking for a long time because all it did was throw a ball of water at the other pokemon. The IV generation finally fixed that by showing a stream of water. Although I don't remember what the III generation water gun looked like so it could of been fixed then.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Gen III's Water Gun was just a ball, too. Nothing special. Surf on RBY was weird. It looked more like water attacking from below the Pokemon, and GSC Surf was just loud and annoying.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Psycho Boost
    They create an energy ball and toss it at the opponent. Wonderful. Why'd they make Energy Ball afterwards, then?

Pay Day
    It makes mula?

Tickle
    Pokemon sure are sensitive if tickling lowers their stats. :/

Acupressure
    Who thought this up? Was he learning the ancient art or something at the time?

EDIT: I didn't take animations into account...um...
    Lock-On
    Where'd the reticule come from?

Skull Kid

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    To me, Ice beam looks weaker in D/P. It's very small and thin, in the GBA versions, it looked very powerful being big and thick.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • To me, Ice beam looks weaker in D/P. It's very small and thin, in the GBA versions, it looked very powerful being big and thick.

Agreed. And in GSC, it incased the target in ice (at least that's how it appeared). I don't remember how it looked in RBY.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    It made a generic ice sound, used a generic beam, and did the backwards ice build-up, if I recall.

Skull Bash
    Have we seen much of it since gen I? Doesn't its name have a different...tone...than most of the other attacks? We don't have Knee Crusher or Finger Point.

シルバー

Γ Чεr ςcreαm is βut a drəαм х
    Years
  • Volt Tackle just personally annoyed me.
    "PIKAPIKA I JUST DRANK A VAULT AND I'M GOING TO ATTACK JOOOOCHUUUUUU."

Surf in RBY was like...rain. How are you surfing if it is just raining?

Sludge Bomb was horrible. The noise in Pokemon Stadium 2 was too much of a generic catapult.

Back