• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Street Fighter V

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
  • Fuck. I was hoping to get away with the upkicks for a little longer, lol. Thankfully, doesn't seem like most have caught on or not used to the punish yet.

GlakeGG

The Phantom Prince
    Years
  • Haha yeah.

The most Karen's I've had trouble against are the ones who actually know how to hit-confirm into her follow ups or just BnB's in general. If there's anything you should throw out a lot, at least in the early stage of the match with Karen, is her shoulder bump thingy.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Arc

Years
  • If Capcom is adamant for the update to be this month. It'll probably happen next week on the 29th, as NCR is this weekend and they wouldn't want to release a character the mid-term between two premier events. At the very least, I was expecting some form of news of Alex at FR19, apparently not. Who knows though, servers are going through maintenance right now, maybe a surprise will pop up.

Skimmed the video. Called Vega a shoto. What. Are we calling people with any form of projectiles a shoto now? Psycho Crusher being the cornerstone of Bison's moveset? Huh? Scissor Kicks has always been the more memorable of the two and he still has it. Hell, most Bison players aren't even complaining that he has no Psycho Crusher, because V is one of his best incarnations in a while. It's the same reason why Zangief players aren't even bummed out that he has no Green Fist, he's been given so much more tools and toys to play with, so who cares? Complaining about features is fair, everything else just seems like mindless ranting.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    This isn't the first time Bison didn't have Psycho Crusher outside of being his super. His alpha iteration had a projectile over Psycho Crusher. Scissors Kick has ALWAYS been his stable special, so much so it was featured in a cover art.
    Street Fighter V

"Fan", huh.

Years
  • Skimmed the video. Called Vega a shoto. What. Are we calling people with any form of projectiles a shoto now? Psycho Crusher being the cornerstone of Bison's moveset? Huh? Scissor Kicks has always been the more memorable of the two and he still has it. Hell, most Bison players aren't even complaining that he has no Psycho Crusher, because V is one of his best incarnations in a while. It's the same reason why Zangief players aren't even bummed out that he has no Green Fist, he's been given so much more tools and toys to play with, so who cares? Complaining about features is fair, everything else just seems like mindless ranting.

I don't see why you're even bringing up the fact that scrublords are complaining about anything. Half of the people who bought this game don't even know what they're talking about. And honestly lmao if Bison had Psycho Crusher in addition to the stuff he already has it'd just be more reasons to ACTUALLY complain about the game.

Arc

Years
  • NCR 2016 in a nutshell.

Plus, Infiltration murdering everybody with a smile on his face. Also, Zhi's pronunciation on bánh mì makes me cringe.

Btw. Good on Capcom for not showing an Alex trailer. I mean, it's not like 80k people were watching the stream or anything at Grand Finals, and if they saw a trailer of the same quality like we've seen before, surely they wouldn't get hyped as fuck seeing it. Alex isn't releasing in two days or something like that, they have plenty of time to drum up some hype, right?
    Street Fighter V

I don't see why you're even bringing up the fact that scrublords are complaining about anything. Half of the people who bought this game don't even know what they're talking about. And honestly lmao if Bison had Psycho Crusher in addition to the stuff he already has it'd just be more reasons to ACTUALLY complain about the game.
    Just wanted to throw in my two cents on the rant, took like a minute to find most of the faults within it.

Years
  • Btw. Good on Capcom for not showing an Alex trailer. I mean, it's not like 80k people were watching the stream or anything at Grand Finals, and if they saw a trailer of the same quality like we've seen before, surely they wouldn't get hyped as **** seeing it. Alex isn't releasing in two days or something like that, they have plenty of time to drum up some hype, right?
    Street Fighter V

You ain't NEVER lied dawg lmao. I'm mad as hell about that. Oh well, whatever.

Just wanted to throw in my two cents on the rant, took like a minute to find most of the faults within it.

Oh nah you good, I feel where you're coming from. It's just that we already broke the mold with morons complaining about things like "NO ARCADE MODE" and whatnot, so you shouldn't be surprised at all.

Also I ain't never heard or OHH HOHOHOHOs from grown men in my life. I'm bout it, though. Infiltration VS USA was fun too lmao.

Arc

Years
  • incoming double post!!!!!!

Good ol'Dantarion.

No sound on the video. But, just play Alex's theme in the background or something. Overall, from what I can tell, he's virtually pretty much the same. Everything has been transferred over from 3rd Strike, with the exception of D.D.T not making the cut, and 4HP being turned into 28P (wtf? how did this become a charge move?). Cool things that I've noticed, cr.HP juggles on anti-air, which can be comboed into a Flash as seen above ^, but it can also combo into his EX Air Grab for an easy confirm. Alex is also much, much faster than I expected. Walk speed and dash speed was actually startling to see.

V-Skill, I'm iffy on. Similar to that of a 3rd Strike buff taunt, it gives his next attack counter-hit (not crush counter) properties. Which is alright, except that you have to do a taunt basically... V-Trigger seems lackluster. Fully charged it can break guards, but honestly, I'm expecting to see it used more as a confirm to a CA than anything else. I can see the mix-up potential since it switches side, but eh. However, definitely want to see potential set-ups for the V-Trigger.

I can legit see a bunch of players hopping onto the Alex train. He looks pretty slick. Who knows though, I had the same thoughts regarding Decapre and it turned out only Infiltration, Du, and Jayce were the few notable players to be consistent with her.

Years
  • incoming double post!!!!!!

V-Skill, I'm iffy on. Similar to that of a 3rd Strike buff taunt, it gives his next attack counter-hit (not crush counter) properties. Which is alright, except that you have to do a taunt basically... V-Trigger seems lackluster. Fully charged it can break guards, but honestly, I'm expecting to see it used more as a confirm to a CA than anything else. I can see the mix-up potential since it switches side, but eh. However, definitely want to see potential set-ups for the V-Trigger.

I can legit see a bunch of players hopping onto the Alex train. He looks pretty slick. Who knows though, I had the same thoughts regarding Decapre and it turned out only Infiltration, Du, and Jayce were the few notable players to be consistent with her.

Good stuff.

I'm getting sick of seeing V-Taunts, dawg. Oh well, as long as he's solid I don't mind it too much.

Decapre was good man it was Evil Ryu the game what did you want from people

Years
  • Double Posting for the sake of keeping thread slightly alive.

Anyone up for some games or nah? I need to branch out and play people outside my circle.

Back