• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stress - How do you deal with it?

Years

• Stress

Everyone gets stressed, normally starting in the teenage years, but how do you deal with it?
    Regardless of how you get stressed, this topic is to talk about your different ways to relieve stress.

I get stressed a lot at University and just in general life.
    The ways I get rid of it, is by drinking with friends, playing games, going out to nightclubs, walking, photography calms me, a little smoke and other things I can't really mention! XD

What about you?

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Well, the way I handle stress is to listen to music, read, exercise, sleep, and going online. Sometimes I do get stressed out because of work, but once I do those things I am calm. ^^

Last edited:

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • More or less the same ways you deal with it; drinking, playing games, reading, drawing, watching tv, playing music, smoking etc etc. Sleep helps also.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I really don't stress out, as such. I get annoyed at things of course, but actual, lasting stress doesn't happen often. When it does, just human-to-human communication helps a whole lot.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Before I went on anti-depressants, I dealt with stress by getting angry at everyone and yelling about things that actually didn't matter that much. My therapist pointed out that getting angry only made other people angry, which would stress me out more, so I now make more of an effort in my stress-management. I'm quite proud of how I now manage to control my temper ^.^

Usually, this involves taking calming breaths, listening to gentle music (Robson & Jerome <3), reading a book/playing a video game (anything that involves me actively using my imagination) or even going for a nap. Naps solve a lot of my stress issues. :3 There was also this one time where I got so stressed out in a supermarket that I triggered a panic attack and had to lie down on the floor. XD They put a safety barrier up around me to stop people running me over with their trolleys, it was awesome.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I don my wicked mask of anonymity, hop into my favorite online video game, and crouch on the faces of noobs while listening to music that twists the mind...
    Stress - How do you deal with it?

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I try to be more positive about things and try to take less pressure on my back.
    I like playing games when I'm stressed. It helps release all the stress. Music helps too :D

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • I'd usually play a game or scream on a noob. Works wonders lol.
    I ran out of games so my stress levels are rather high now and I have no idea what to do with it.

Weird

Lazy Guy
    Years
  • I listen to music, I play badminton, I read books, I play games and I draw.

But the best thing to reduce stress is watching your sig video LOL

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
  • Deal with stress? Simple.

1 - Go to omegle, annoy as many strangers as you need to become more calm.
    2 - Go to your garage, kick a ball with your max strengh against the wall. Repeat until you calm down.
    3 - Go to a supermarket. Pick 10 boxes of condoms. Put all those boxs in random supermarket cars. Go out and laugh. I know you will be more relaxed.
    4 - Play the instrumental of a music you like. Sing it out loud, like you were in a big stage. This results too. If not, repeat it until you give your neighbours a free concert.
    5 - Never take anti depressives. Instead of that, bite some lemons. That will calm you down too.

Choose one of this five options, all of them work. Hope this helps ;)

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
  • i usually get stressed when i have too much work that i havent started, sooo

i pretty much just do all the work at once or wait till the weekend to do it and then yay i'm done!

sometimes i'll talk to my friend(s) to distract myself from the situation and have some laughs xP

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I hardcore dance.
    For those who don't know what it is, it's just dancing by flaring your arms and legs around.
    It's like your moshing by yourself kinda.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Well I don't really get stressed so this doesn't really affect me, but if I need to blow off some steam I just play games.

Nothing says calmness like shooting a noob in the face.

Years
  • Procrastinate and pretend my workload doesn't exist I usually just sit down, relax, and take a short break whenever I'm too stressed if time allows. Maybe I'll go online and read the news, watch some humor videos, or tvtropes. :x

Digital Wings

Alert to sounds.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2013
    Yoga is the best! Or a hot bath with milk and honey.

I bring my DS in the bath all the time which is just an accident waiting to happen.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I think that the best thing to do when you are stressed is to go totally crazy. Like the last time I was stressed is because I was stuck on this one level in Mario Galaxy 2, so I ran into my brother's room and I shouted at him for stealing American jobs and I told him to go back to Mexico. I don't know why I did that because he is not from Mexico and does not even have a job at the moment. Also I hit him with a pillow. It helps me to get out of breath and then I am unstressed.

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    Procrastinate and pretend my workload doesn't exist I usually just sit down, relax, and take a short break whenever I'm too stressed if time allows.

I do this too. There's no point in attempting to get anything done when you're frazzled and stressed. I usually forget about what's stressing me while I can, and then go for a nice jog. And then come back to deal with the stress. =D

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • I build things, such as wooden tools, scale models of structures, clockwork toys, ect. Other times, I play video games to relive my stress. And then, sometimes, I simply look at the nearest object that seems unimportant, and tackle, mutilate, kick, punch, tear apart, claw, or utterly destroy said item.

Back