• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strict HOME rules

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
  • So when I was a kid... wait, it still applies today. (Why parents WHY?!)
    Back then, there are really rules that I don't like. It's kinda like don't stay up late, I have a time limit on using my gadgets. I have a scheduled time on what time I'm gonna go home. Eat proper food? Yes, the pain with parent's strictly rules. But my irony is gone several years when I went to college. So.

- What are the rules in your Home?
    - Why is there rules?
    - Do you like having rules?

Tell us if it's either when you're young or until today, you have rules.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When I was a kid, my parents used to limit how long I played video games. On the weekdays, they allowed me only two hours of video game time. On the weekends, it was six hours. And on holidays, it was four. If I ever went over my limit, then they would punish me by taking all of my games away for three straight days. xD We also used to have an exact time for dinner, which was six-thirty in the evening. But nowadays though, we don't really do that anymore. We can all have our dinner whenever we want to.

Last edited:

Mysonne

Pokeballin, no testes
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    my mom was fairly strict when i was younger

she would have beaten the living **** out of me for doing half of the things teenagers do today (drugs, sex)

Years
  • My mom used to enforce strict rules but ever since I started high school she started being lenient until the point right now where there's no rules.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • My mom had strict rules until I moved and primarily stayed with my dad when I was 16. I was allowed to play video games, but my mom would never let me touch a computer unless I had to write something for school. Hell, I didn't even know the internet existed until I was 14. Don't stay up late, don't throw things at your sister, clean the bathroom, clean the pool, just basic household rules. If I broke any rule she would pretty much just beat my ass with a wooden paddle or a belt.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    My dad has one house rule with me; don't make the place explode and everything will be okay.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Used to be video games only on Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun. But besides that and the quotidian chores, it wasn't all that strict. Of course from my point of view things were strict, looking from the outside, everything was/is more on the lax side than strict.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • when I was younger I had rules yes. like dont stay up late ect. lucky me I dont have anymore cuz I am a 19 year old. Can do whatever I want and stay up as long as I want :)

Years
  • I had rules that I had to follow, such as getting off the internet & such.. and I had to be in bed by a certain time as well. However those rules have since been lifted as the internet stays turned on all the time now and I can go to bed whenever I want to.. however the one thing I still cannot do and it's ****ing annoying is that I can't curse around the house.. meaning my mom will scream at me if she hears me curse. I can't believe that she still babies me to that extent, especially since my brother got away with cursing in the house like that when he was my age. >_>

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    Right now we don't really have any big rules, it's pretty lax around here. . .
    Basically just don't use kitchen appliances when you're home alone, close the craft room door when you leave, make sure the garage door is down when you leave the house, etc., besides the basic stuff like if there's laundry take it upstairs, blah blah blah.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    We don't really have any specific house rules that I can think of other than just the basic ones. My mom is pretty strict about table manners and no television during dinner, but otherwise it's pretty easy-going. Stuff like having to clean up after yourself and not leaving the kitchen in a state all seem like pretty basic household rules to me.

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I live on my own, so I have my own rules, but for sake of contributing I'll go back a few years :p
    I always had the "bed by ___" growing up. It obviously was pushed back as I grew up, and it was 11 when I was a senior in high school. Curfew on weekends was 1pm, but I hardly went out all too much my freshman through junior years. Senior year there was no curfew! My parents were pretty lenient, but I was also a good kid. I guess if I was doing bad in school/making poor choices there would have been stricter rules.
    I didn't mind them. And I never really tried arguing against them. I grew up learning that my parent's choices and rules were the law (in a sense) and I didn't exactly see anything wrong with them.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • My parents were pretty strict, in a way. For instance, I wasn't allowed to play pokemon, ever. I ended up telling my parents that I got Black in church, so they couldn't yell at me. My parents were the only parents I know that took the video game rating system to heart. Even now, my dad will get angry when I play "M" rated games because they're going to make me shoot my friends...

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Ah, home rules. One of the downsides of not dorming for college is that I'm still under these house rules. Technically turning 18 would free me from them, but in reality not so much. Not that I really have an issue, though. When I was younger, prisoner wasn't so far off from how my house rules treated me. Nowadays, after defying my parents authority and making them see what I wanted wasn't something necessarily bad, the house rules don't really affect me much anymore. I still have to freakin' clean up my bed everyday though, ugh.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • My parents had rules and still do. They just have changed over the years. When I was a kid, my bedtime was set, little chores were set and behaving a certain way was also set. I didn't like going to bed at a set time but I know why my parents set it.

Now that I'm older I have some more personal freedom but as for the main rules of the house and how we treat each other has stayed the same. Personally I'd rather live in a house with rules than one without. After all, most parents only set rules to make sure we're okay. I had a bunch of friends who's parents didn't give too hoots about what they did. All of them ended up messed up an irresponsible because of that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2013
    I grew up with my grandparents so house rules weren't really set, or forced onto me; except the usual don't stay up late or keep your room clean, I pretty much had a comfortable, easygoing childhood. I wouldn't have minded a strict environment to be honest. The lax nature of my upbringing wasn't always positive, but I developed my own sense of responsibility at a young age.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • The rules:
    -Do the chores. (Hey, I'm not paying rent, I can clean a few things here and there.)
    -No shoes on the table.
    -Act like a civilian when company's over.
    -No saying ****. (Not really a problem, believe it or not. I usually keep a pretty clean vocabulary.)
    -No staying out for long periods of time without notifing first.

Just the basic things.
    As a kid they were really, really strict...

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • when I was growning up

-Homework should be done as soon as you get in
    - Tidy up your bedroom
    - No noise after dinner
    - outside all weekend
    - help Auntie if she comes over with your cousin

Back