• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Stuck on Kanto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slave to the Poké-Rave

I bought the Mt.Moon Magikarp
Years
  • Hey, basically, Ive done the Cerulean, Saffron, Fuschia and Lt. Surge gyms. Thing is, I can't get anywhere now. Whirl islands -> cinnebar is still blocked off, havent got pipe to wake snorlax, cant go back from cerulean to pewter (obviously) and they wont let me to viridian from victory road. What am I meant to do now?

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Have you done the missing Power Plant part quest? Find the part in the Gym, give it to the Power Plant admin, go to Lavender Town and get the Poke Flute on the Radio Card and play it by Snorlax. That'll get you to Pewter and beyond.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Fix the power plant, go to Violet, talk to the man inside the radio station and he'll give you pokeflute.

Wake Snorlax east of Vermilion and head in the Digglet's tunnel. You'll emerge by Viridian City.

Last edited:

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Oh and you'll need a Pokemon with Cut to get to Viridian/Pewter City.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • Jeez. Alot of you guys are getting the town names mixed up which can be a little confusing when someone needs help.

First of all, this should have went in the stickied topic: HG/SS Help Thread which is the first thread on the entire HG/SS Section.

Secondly. You need to complete the Power Plant mission.
    Go to the Power Plant, learn about the stolen part, then go to Cerulean Gym.
    The Rocket guy will run out, go after him, he'll be on Nugget Bridge.
    Beat him there and he'll reveal where the part is, in the Gym.
    Get the part and return it to the Power Plant manager.

Assuming that you've said you completed Cerulean's gym, that must mean you've already completed the Power Plant mission.
    If that is so, return to Fuschia and go up Cycling Road to reach Celadon.
    Or go to Saffron and exit through the left gate into Celadon.
    There, you can find the Celadon gym behind a load of trees in the bottom half of the city.
    Beat Erika there, her type is Grass, but you already knew that anyway.

If you have beat the Power Plant mission, be sure to:
    Go to Lavender Town and talk to the Radio Station manager there.
    He'll configure PokeGear to be able to pick up Kanto radio stations.
    Go to Snorlax. Go to PokeGeare and manually drag the little ball thing on the radio signal to the top middle of the radio signal. This should tune you into PokeFlute.
    Then just hit A on Snorlax and he should wake up and battle you.

Capture/Faint Snorlax and proceed through Diglett's Cave.
    When you exit at the other end, you'll be on a route between Viridian and Pewter.
    Make sure you have a Pokemon with CUT.
    Cut your way out onto the route.

Go up for Pewter City and Brock's gym.
    Or go down through Viridian Forest to reach Viridian.

Viridian's gym leader ain't home.
    So you can continue going down to Pallet Town.

From Pallet Town, you can surf down to Cinnabar.
    You'll find Blue there.
    Talk to him and he'll tell you that you aren't ready to fight him yet.

Surf right from Cinnabar to go to Seafoam Islands so you can face Blaine, the old Cinnabar Gym Leader. He has fire types, obviously.

Once you've beaten 7 Kanto leaders, go back to Cinnabar and talk to Blue again.
    He'll say you're ready and to meet him at his Gym in Viridian.
    Go there, beat him and then go to Pallet Town to see Oak.

God, that was long. But detailed and to the point.
    Sure hope that helps you.
    Next time, use the HG/SS Help Thread for these sort of questions.

Years
  • I was confused about the waking up Snorlax part. Some people in the game were saying that to wake up a sleeping pokemon you need a pokeflute. *nods head* it was all in the radio :/

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • So, Andrew McKenzie pretty much took all the words out of my mouth and left me with nothing else to say. :| I guess, I could just throw in to use the next HG/SS Help Thread next time, even if it was already mentioned while you got your question answered.

Seems, like there's only one thing left for me to do then.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back