• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Study: Religious people harbour deep mistrust of atheists, about equal to rapists

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I think this is only true for American Bible Belters and Calvinist and other evangelists.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2012
    I am an atheist but no one would know because i keep it to myself, Why? Because it holds no purpose for people to know. If someone asks then yes i will say so but i don't say "You're wrong there is no God!!!" We are humans...We differ from one another, But we should respect beliefs don't try to convert people if someone isn't willing to hear your "word of God" then they don't want it and no amount of preaching will change that.

I believe it's not even the Atheist VS Christians i think its America VS Islam

I see people of all types of faiths in this country bash and hate Islam because they have some radicals who read the Quran wrong. People fail to notice anyone from ANY Faith can misread their faiths texts and commit horrible crimes...What saddens me the most is the Humans unbelievable power to be so self-destructive and just plain destructive to everything around them.

People need to wake up before it's too late...

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years

I have to admit, though. It's scary when some Christians say stuff like, "playing with poker cards will make you go to hell." Yeah, I'm looking at you, parents. (Funnily enough, they haven't said anything about pokemon).
    Your ignorance is invalid.

(Before I get LOLBANNED for saying a "mean word", I mean "ignorance" in the sense of "did not know")

I don't attribute that to religion. In Italy, where the Vatican is, card games (with wagers) are a big part of the culture.
    Italy is politically separate from the Vatican. A minor detail to most, but it matters a lot to both parties. It was a huge point of contention when Garibaldi was in power, you see...

Back