• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stuff and things and stuff.

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
Years
  • The 'Title:' box always confounds me. Anyway, ignoring my lack of thread-naming abilities I actually have Pokemon-related drawings for the first time in like a year or something so I thought I'd share.
    (admittedly they're only in existence becuase work is slow so I get to doodle, also first one was a pooey biro accident. Like I said, work, lack of anything I'd really need. haha...) Eh also they're photographed. :/ Living in two places stinks, you only ever have half of what you need, haha... right~ Anyway.

They're all based off things from when me and my friends play tabletop adventures, first is my friends RPC Trace. She's an ace trainer and her favorite pokemon is her Pudgey. He evolved into a pidgeotto last session in a fight against an Altaria. It was awesome. That altaria didn't know what hit it.
    Spoiler:

Uhh this is a WIP of my RPC Niko. He's a special ops ranger/ survivalist. Also his greatest companion Jasmine, the Stunky, who's fantasic farting enables some great escapes and Snapdragon the krookodile. Because Kamina was my bro... and.. well... you know....
    Spoiler:

Eh and the last one is an OC not pokemon related, but I still like the image. He's half x-rayed.
    Spoiler:

Yeahhh~ peace guys~

Trent_Jayir

Years
  • ;) thanks!
    thought I'd add more stuff so it's not so empty, this is kind of older but not all pokemon related:
    Fanart for the Iron Giant;
    Spoiler:

and shadow of the colossus:
    Spoiler:

Some of my Oc's
    Spoiler:

A book cover project for university;
    Spoiler:

Anyway, enjoy~ Leave comments and stuff~ tear me apart, anything?

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I've gotta say that book cover is absolutely marvelous! I've never seen anything quite like it, and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Is it watercolor?

Your work is just wonderful as usual, too. I do have some critique, though, on the piece with the bird Pokemon. The sense of depth is kind of lost because of the line weights being inconsistent with position in space. Trace should have the thickest lines, and the hill and Altaria should have thinner ones. The angle is really interesting, though. Nice action poses, too. :3

Trent_Jayir

Years
  • Aww, thanks Kina!
    The book cover is ink washes, and I'm glad you like it and that it gives you the warm and fuzzies :')
    Also, thanks so much for the critique! I see exactly what you mean, and there was something that was bugging me about it, so thanks again~

@Hibaru:Thanks! They are :')
    @watertownronin: Thanks! I hadn't actually heard of him, but i looked into it and turns out I'm influenced by similar things to him, so maybe that explains it.

Trent_Jayir

Years
  • New picture, I like wargle. Check my DA/Blog for more info ^^~
    EDIT: Updated the image
    Stuff and things and stuff.

Last edited:

SoaringSomeone

Residential Sprite Slave
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2014
    Oooh very pretty. Reminds me a lot of that one movie...uhhh, Adventurers Down Under? I distinctly remember a scene where a kid rides on a giant golden eagle.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Duuude Trent your composition is SO incredible! Especially on that battle shot-- and then those angles!! Holy crap so awesome. ;;v;;;;

Although the angle on the latest piece makes my head hurt-- feels like he must be in the middle of spinning or turning or something, because he's certainly not aimed at the horizon....?

Trent_Jayir

Years
  • @SoaringSomeone: omg yes! Excuse me one second I have to let the nostalgia wash over me......
    aaahhhhhhhh
    and we're good. I loved that film as a kid..... So yes, thankyou!

@Darkgate: Thanks!

@Loki: N'aaaw thankyou! And yeah he was supposed to be flying at a weird angle, (like he was gaining altitude or spinning like you said), I wanted it to look confusing because I always imagine it would be because on the ground we can only move in 2-d directions, but when you're in the air it's 3-d directions if that makes sense?

So I always think it would make my head hurt, if I was flying... XD;

Yeah! Thanks to all of you for leaving me comments <3
    I've got more art but none of it is Pokemon related, apologies:
    Spoiler:

They're all for my palindromes project, if you want to know more about it swing by my blog where I ramble endlessly, such is the nature of blogs.

Peace.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • You have some great line quality! And I love how your style really plays on straight lines against curves.. like there are a lot of hard edges and soft edges that play on each other.

I can tell you're getting a lot better at overlapping forms! So that's great! I'd suggest practicing some rendering (painting either digital or traditional) because I feel like you may be relying on textures to add interest to your pieces too much. They look great, but I just feel that rendering something out fully will help you learn about form a lot more :3

All in all you have some good stuff! Keep it up!

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2011
    My goodness, these are gorgeous. <3 Your figures have a wonderful stability and weight to them.

'Go deliver a dare, Vile Dog' turned out wonderfully. The colors and focus of that look great - I really like the composition, symmetrical but asymmetrical both at once. Is that done in watercolors or ink wash?

Trent_Jayir

Years
  • Thanks Kura!
    I see what you mean, thanks for pointing it out. I'll do lots more rendering/painting now :)

And also Thankyou Harpalyce- That one's actually digitally coloured.

Eh finally updating. Been lots of busy and still am but here we go:
    A poster for uni: https://mazilw0lf.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4edjfu

Some character refs (Hello, Corvidae. :¬D)
    https://mazilw0lf.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4d24h1
    https://mazilw0lf.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4d7c7u

a place I dreamed about:
    Spoiler:

aaand
    I've been making a comic. Again. Yeah.
    1:
    Spoiler:

2:
    Spoiler:

3:
    Spoiler:

Harebrained

Switch to decaf? Never!
    Years
  • Love your stuff. :D

There's a lot of action going on, and you're not afraid to work with backgrounds and scenes. I think a lot of people get too caught up on just the characters.

Back