• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

stumped

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
Years
  • i am just stumped. I have a Lv 50 Scyther and a Lv 51 Gyardos.
    Need a moveset for these guys.

Lv 50 Scther/Quirky
    cut
    slash
    fury cutter
    wing attack

i like fury cutter

Lv 51 Gyarados/Impish
    hyper beam
    tunderbolt
    dragon rage
    surf

i want gyarados to be able to figth water/ice types pokemon.

Please help me. these guys i have no idea for them when it comes to movesets.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
  • Scyther is good, but a lot of people like Swords Dance, so maybe that over Cut

Gyarados cant really combat Water/Ice types, but i would get rid off Dragon Rage for another Filler, like Flamethrower or Ice Beam

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • Thing is that my gyarados has a high attack power. and i want to get rid of it for a phyiscal attack. That why i teach it hyper beam(temp i hope) but i don't want to teach it earthquake. So i want to teach it another physcal attack

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
  • Basing it on my research, Gyrarados can only learn Normal type attack, on a Physcial level, so if you dont want it to have Earthquake, then perhaps Move Tutor it Body Slam or Double Edge, or HM it Strength

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2005
    Gyarados@Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    ~ Taunt
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Hidden Power [ Flying ]
    ~ Earthquake

Standard set

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Yep Demonion has got the standard Tauntarados

BTW Gyrados's special attack suck don't use special attacks unless you are playing RBY and Fury Cutter is pretty bad but, if that's what floats your boat...

Last edited:

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • i think i saw that move set on Seribii.net and i did really like it. i do want to tech it earthquake but i also want my charizarrd to learn it or somebody else. i think i go with body slam.

Scyther is hard to come up with. he has go attack power but not much of a move set. like he doesn't learn many bug attacks.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
  • The only decent Bug move Scyther can learn is Silver Wind, which can only be learned by Breeding it of a male Bug group that knows it. And since your Scyther is already at lvl 50, i doubt you want re-train another Scyther

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Standard Rev/flailer

Scyther
    -Endure/subsitute
    -Reversal
    -Flail
    -HP Ghost/Aerial Ace

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
  • Call me an ignorant fool if you will but last time I checked Scizor (not Scyther so that may be why) couldnt get endure + reversal. Something about an impossible egg move combination. Can someone clarify this?

MeLoVeGhOsTs

GaSConeer
    Years
  • IF you REALLY want Fury Cutter take this set, it was a fun set of mine back in the GSC days.

Scyther @ Lefties
    ~ Double team
    ~ Wing attack
    ~ Fury Cutter
    ~ Rest

Set up Double team, Rest while being covered, then Fury Cutter up. Unlike Rollout Fury Cutter doesn't restart after reaching its maximum power, but it doesn't have such high attack power as Rollout. Go fish ^_^.

Take Tauntdrados for sure, only decent set. Standard ofcourse.

Back