• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Stunfisk VS [Emolga] [ Rogue Electrics! ]

Stunfisk or Emolga?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Yes, if you compare eyes alone. How many also have every single other trait that I've mentioned? Only Pikachu and its clones.

Pokémon B/W was filled with "clones". Bouffalant and Tauros, Woobat and Zubat, Maractus and Cacturne, and the list goes on. And some people (even though I don't necessarily agree) think of Stunfisk as Dunsparce's "clone".

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Stunfisk is definitely my favourite 5th Gen pokemon. Because of it's pathetic look and his whole derpiness. It's sooo pathetic, it reached "too pathetic not to be liked" level thousands times XD.
And I simply adore when it smiles 8D

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020

[...]Also Stunfisk is most definitely a meme.
Well, not exactly. It's become kinddd of a PC meme (if you even wanna call it a meme), but outside of that it isn't, aka not a meme.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Whoa. Deep breaths there. It's a Pokemon, not life or death.

I ask for more out of my Pokemon than for them to not be the same color. There are plenty of things they could have done to make Emolga not a clone (taken off the round cheeks, changed its typing, made it larger, etc), but they chose each thing specifically to appeal to people who liked Pikachu. It's not like all those things came together on accident, they were all intentional to imitate the line of electric rodents.

"Stunfisk is a meme" doesn't answer my question of how. A meme is a joke that propagates itself virally across the internet - outside of Pokemon circles, I've never heard Stunfisk referred to, and the Pokemon in itself is not a meme. It's just derpy.

Yes, if you compare eyes alone. How many also have every single other trait that I've mentioned? Only Pikachu and its clones.

Yes, it is which one you prefer. But just saying "I prefer this" makes it boring and ends debate.

Whatever, this can just go back to a poll. No fun to debate anymore.
Bold: Hypocrite much?

Anyway, Google Stunfisk and tell me you don't find multiple memes on it. ;)

Why would they make a flying squirrel bigger? It's a flying squirrel.

Italics: Do your research chica. There are a lot of Pokémon that have very very similar traits and considered """clones""". Jumping to "only Pikachu and its clones" is pretty far. :\

Underline: I'll be the judge of that. And Nica too. We want debates going through the weekly polls, you won't be one to change that. MMK? :3c

Also guys! Elesa has two Emolga on her team, that must mean something right? ♥

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Emolga's typing is nice, and so is Electro Ball which I lament that Jolteon cannot learn.
I'd have to go with Stunfisk, though. A woefully underestimated monster, much like Dunsparce, which actually has better stats than one would think (plus STAB Earthquake). Set up Trick Room and switch into it — enough said.

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Yes, the first time I saw stunkfish I was like holy c&@p and spammed the run button. Ground/Electric is a cool combo, shame it's on stunkfish

Mentalii

Back
Years
Emolga... Another Pikaclone, that really looks like Pachirisu. It's difficult to beat, and has nothing special. But it's cute, reaaaally cute, and my sensitive little heart can't resist to its adorable little head :pink_love: Although it annoys me, I choose it.

Stunfisk... The carpet Pokémon. THE ugliest Pokémon. And you want me to vote for that thing? Moreover it's weak, and uninteresting. The only good point I can attribute to it, is its unique double-type. That's all.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Emolga reminds me too much of Pachirisu, whom I despise as a Pokémon, and because Emolga reminds me too much of Pachirisu, in turn, I despite Emolga as well. I don't find it cute. I choose Stunfish.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nooo, Emolga has basically won. :( PC you have disappointed me! Making next weekly poll early because I'm enthusiastic. Unstickying, CONTINUE TO DISCUSS PLEASE!!

Back