• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Stupid Cynthia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    In Pokemon Platinum, I can get up to Cynthia's lucario, but she always manages to knock all of my Pokemon out before I can kill it. I have eight revives left at the time i start to battle her, and I don't know what to do.

My Pokemon are: Torterra level 74, Lucario level 50, Giratina level 46, Eevee level 20, Staraptor level 34, and Bibarrel (forgot how to spell it's name) level 18
    Torterra knows Razor Leaf, Cut, Giga Drain and Bite
    Giratina knows the default attacks it does when you catch it in Platinum.
    Lucario knows Dragon Pulse and several other attacks
    Eevee knows... I don't know (I've only ever levelled Eevee up through EXP Share, same with Bibarel and Staraptor, though I do know that Staraptor knows Fly and Defog)

Any advice?

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
  • yes indeed.
    stupid cynthia.

keep trying. you'll get it.
    trust me.
    you don't need advice, you just need the motivation to beat the pokeballs out of her.
    (:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Go move deleter and remove cut on Torterra, cut is only for HM slaves since it's so insanely weak. Teach it Earthquake through TM or the move tutor that requires Heart Scales. Then Lucario will go down in one hit.

Giratina is caught at lvl 47 so obvious typo there, remove exp share on Eevee on your first time through E4.

I need to know what Lucario's moves are, check because your Lucario is gonna be needed.

Years
  • yes indeed.
    stupid cynthia.

keep trying. you'll get it.
    trust me.
    you don't need advice, you just need the motivation to beat the pokeballs out of her.
    (:

...Wat? No, just no.

Your Torterra should know Earthquake so go back to the Move Tutor in Pastoria to teach it that. Getting Rid of Giga Drain is a good idea. Replacing Razor Leaf with Wood Hammer is another good idea. Not sure what to say about the others except that they need more levels.

Years
  • You really have to raise the levels of your other Pokemon, besides Torterra to over Lv. 60 or higher if you want to stand a chance. Plus, a much better and varied set of moves for your Pokemon will pay dividends.

Ask for move set help here @ PC for your Pokemon. That's all I can do.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • You really have to raise the levels of your other Pokemon, besides Torterra to over Lv. 60 or higher if you want to stand a chance. Plus, a much better and varied set of moves for your Pokemon will pay dividends.

I don't think you have to, I only had 4 Pokemon and they were under lvl 55, but I guess move sets really matter against Cynthia.

Terror

I do all my own stunts.
    Years
  • You really need to level other pokemon other than your starter. In future you should try to keep them all within 5 levels of each other.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    A level 74 Torterra should be pretty decent... Although you really should teach it some moves with over 60 base power :\

DestinyBender

Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.
    Years
  • really sorry.. but the only stars in your team are lucario and torterra, and maybe giratina. maybe train some more...? your bibarrel will grow into a strong pokemon if you know how to train it :D

and with the eevee.... level it to about 45, then use a stone/different evolution procejure to make it a strong type. preferably an espeon because you can do some damage to lucario. why can't torterra's earthquake knock it out?

hope it helped! (probably not)

~DB

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • Use the Elite 4 and Cynthia for training and sorta keep losing until you eventually beat her.

I did this myself :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    All your Pokemon need to be at least level 55+ and you need to vary your move sets. Try Earthquake on Torterra for one. Evolve your Eevee. Use the E4 to train, that's what I'd do d:.
    Good luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back