• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Stupid evos

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    IV Gen dissapointed me ! D:

I mean , I was expecting a Kecleon Evo , something that'd be Dragon !
    Or a Corsola , a Stantler , Farfetch'd (A MUST !) Evos . All these weren't made ! ):

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    Another game, and still no evolution for Farfetch'd -_-

yes i agree but for the sake of all make i hope that if someday Farfetch'd has a evo, please please make'em to look powerful not like lickiliky jaja

Stupid evos

please feed my charmander

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    I hate Lickilicky, Magmortar and Rhypherior (they should be dissapear or something), the others are absoulutely fine to me. :3

Alpha Eevee
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2009
    you know..
    i always love new eevee evolutions,
    but with names like glaceon and leafeon...
    great creativity goin on there.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    I agree with you, but some pokemon that don't evolve are just fine like that. Take Zangoose and Seviper. I could imagine an evo, but it'd just be the same.

What pokemon really needs an evo? TROPIUS! I can imagine it evolving to be a Grass-Dragon. I would totally train that, and it would be a unique typing. I don't think they really changed the trainer's life when Porygon-Z came out.

...Actually, Porygon-Z is DRASTICALLY different from Porygon2 in play style. Z has lower defenses and a different ability to make sure it doesn't out-class 2, rather be an offensive counterpart to 2 (like Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee).

I think they should have made Porygon Z an alternate to Porygon 2 rather than an Evo though... or let it evolve directly from Porygon as well as from Porygon 2...
    This.

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    I wouldn't mind the evo's as much if they actually gave them GOOD designs!
    Magmortar for example...Magby and Magmar both have the bumps on their head , some claws and the signature nozzle snout that they blow fire out of....then with Magmortar all of a sudden his head is pretty much smooth and he barely HAD a mouth and instead freaking cannon arms.
    Rhyperior looks like they slapped Metang arms on Rhydon...and just doesn't even look like it could move properly. Ambipom...His bowlcut hair and funky nose bother the crud out of me D: His hands don't look right either. (the tail hands) I could go on....but I can't xD
    One question though .o. is Weavile a Hoenn or Sinnoh evo? If it's Sinnoh now THAT is an awesome design.
    Rhyperior I may agree but they are useful. Magmortar if it wasn't for the arms they should of made it the top voted stupid evo ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I, personally, love Togekiss.
    It made the Togepi line so much stronger.

I just don't think Tangrowth was needed. Seriously, Who uses it?

Tangrowth they're to me one of the better evo's of sinnoh and I don't use it because you need to use pal park to get tangela and I don't have firered/leafgreen I have saphire so either way I couldn't even get a tangela.
    Another thing don't judge a pokemon by their looks Smoochum is like the stupidest looking pokemon I ever seen but I was amazed by how good it's move set was so don't say rhyperior sucks they are one of the most useful pokemon I ever came across

Last edited:
    Years
    I generally like the new evos, maybe game freak is losing it, idk. I was in fifth grade when the original games came out and I felt it was totally incomplete, lickilicky makes my day every time I see it :P electivire and magmortar sprites kind of suck though imo...

I agree that there are no where near enough fire types or electric types. they almost put more effort into "new eevee" sprites than they do with adding anything truly meaningful -- such as an electric type that isn't a cat, hamster or squirrel (or ampharos I mean wth even is that thing? yuck... i prefer the sheep.), can we get an electric lizard please? and why are so many of the non-legendary(or starter) fire pokémon dogs! fire-breathing dogs? for crying out loud... lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2010
    Yeah, i get what you mean, dusclops didnt need an evo, making a relatively new pokemon with 2 phases evolve again just screams out filler. GameFreak needs a little hiatus with some shrooms and marijuana. I dont wanna see evos of pokemon i already know *cough*tangrowthmammoswinelickily*cough* i wanna see NEW pokemon.

Person above me, Yes i agree with you too, GameFreak is definately losing it. By just looking at Drifblim and Drifloon, i can tell GF came up with those pokemon within 1 hour. Anyone can tell that GF is desporate for fillers. I wish GF would put just as much thought into ordinary pokemon like they come up with legendaries. Pikachu was awesome when it first came out, Plusle and Minun were kind of cool, expanding the electric rat family and all, but GF killed it with Pachirisu...

Last edited:

AsaQuilava

Monstreaux
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    Gah. I'm most upset with Electivire, Magmortar, and Mamoswine. Mamoswine especially. I mean, I had a soft spot for Swinub/Piloswine... but that thing is just terrible. It's like a Piloswine on meth.

I loved: Weavile, Mismagius, Gallade, Froslass, and the evolution for Murkrow.
    Probopass was okay, and Yanmega is actually pretty cool.

Rhyperior is useful... but... I don't know. Electivire and Magmortar are the ones that really bother me. Magmar and Electabuzz were fine without evolutions >.<

someone mentioned Tropius evolving: YES.

Next time you're upset with the quality of new pokemon... go look up fakemon on deviantart. Suddenly these look phenomenal.

Sotto Voce

woohoo!!
    Years
    Last edited:

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
    Years
    Spoiler:

I personally think that Rhydon, Magneton, and Dusclops didn't need evos.

The one who came up with Rhyperior should die in a fire.

But hey, they can indeed evolve, but you don't have to evolve your Rhydon, or your Magneton, or your Dusclops, or your Togetic, or whatever the hell that has new evos. Just play with your pokémon like you always did.

Last edited:

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
    I hate electivire and its beady little eyes

LOOK AT THEM!
    Stupid evos

Alpha Eevee
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2009
    You know..
    I was thinking the other night,
    and
    they shoulda made evos for corsola and luvdisc
    and some others that i cant remember right now.
    lol

Years
    I know what you mean. Most of them just look horrible and are unneeded. I don't know if they're useful in-game, though. GameFreak is kind of losing its creativity. I wonder if they're going to bother with making a fifth generation.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
    Yeah, i get what you mean, dusclops didnt need an evo, making a relatively new pokemon with 2 phases evolve again just screams out filler. GameFreak needs a little hiatus with some shrooms and marijuana. I dont wanna see evos of pokemon i already know *cough*tangrowthmammoswinelickily*cough* i wanna see NEW pokemon.

Person above me, Yes i agree with you too, GameFreak is definately losing it. By just looking at Drifblim and Drifloon, i can tell GF came up with those pokemon within 1 hour. Anyone can tell that GF is desporate for fillers. I wish GF would put just as much thought into ordinary pokemon like they come up with legendaries. Pikachu was awesome when it first came out, Plusle and Minun were kind of cool, expanding the electric rat family and all, but GF killed it with Pachirisu...

Well yeah I kinda agree with you but not entirely. First of all they do need to stop expanding evolutions to already cool pokemon like magmar, tangela, and lickitung. Electivire actually looks pretty cool for me but still the original 150 were fine as they were. And GF is not losing it they just need to make good pokemon that don't evolve or are based off of other pokemon. An example? Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, and If you ask me Pichu was unnecessary in evolutionary terms but it's just sooooo cute and totally cuddable. So I forgive them for that. But seriously enough with the electric rat expansion you're cramping pikachu's style.

:t172: Look at it it's so cuuuuuute!

-Calumon-

Yanmaster
    Years
    Some pokemon are 'novelty pokemon' anyway, like Farfech'd and Delibird. I would honestly be very surprised to see evolutions of those. Tropius needs an evolution and Kangaskahn needs a baby form.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Like mentioned before, Farfetch'd still needs an evo. So does Sudowoodo imo.

Back