• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stupid Mistakes You Made In Your First Pokemon Game

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I remember playing in Yellow for the first time, and soloing Brock with a pikachu, I trained him on caterpies until he learned quick attack.
    Then I continued to use only my pikachu and some low level pokemon I caught to defeat the Elite 4.
    I remember I even got my pikachu to level 99 before starting my game over for no reason.
    This seems to be what virtually everyone did with Yellow. XD Including my cousins.

Years
    I just remembered something else i did in my first game, when i was first playing through blue i remember talking to the name rater guy for hours changing my Pokemon names thinking that eventually i would find one that he wouldn't change.

Qazar

Pokemon Obsessed
    Years
    First game was Gold so ...

1.Did solo run with Feraligatr (only catching the legendaries and buying a dratini)
    2.Used a Masterball on Ho-Oh
    3.Encountered a shiny pokemon (paras) on the forest near azalea after hearing the old lady say that "the forest is watched over by its guardian", catch the shiny pokemon, run out of battery without saving, assume that shiny guy was the forest guardian, get new batterys, spend 8 hours searching for "the forest guardian", get new batterys and realize it was a random encounter. (man that paras still haunts me ... if anyone has a shiny paras from the forest please trade it to me)

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    I used a masterball on a phanpy in gold, I thought I could just buy more, fail!

Amew

Red Mage
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2011
    In Red, your Pokemon don't get healed after you beat the Elite Four. Promptly defeated by a LV2 Pidgey. I think I cried.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    My first game was Pokemon Stadium when I was 4.

I made the mistake of using the pokemon I liked rather than using them for what moves they had.

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Pokemon Red when I was 8 years old.

I literally exploited all the glitches. It kinda ruined the game save files.

Years
    I was five when I first played through Pokémon Red. I remember not knowing that you could catch Pokémon, or at least never being bothered by it. I had a level 40 Charizard in Vermillion City and nothing else. This continued until I used a Poké Ball instead of a Potion in a wild Pokémon battle by mistake and caught a Pidgey.

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
    *Only training my starter and a Dugtrio found in Diglett cave.
    *The Missingno hack.
    *The Rare Candy hack.

Suffice to say I have learnt from my mistakes!! :)

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I got Pokémon Red for my sixth birthday.

- Couldn't figure out how to leave the house for three whole days.
    - Didn't know you could save.
    - Named Player, Rival and Pokémon Andrew.
    - Instead of catching Caterpie, I caught Metapod, thinking I was super cool.
    - Kept restarting when I couldn't beat Brock.
    - Finally beat Brock (Charmander was my favourite).
    - Changed boxes and thought I released all my Pokémon.
    - Solo'd through most of the game.
    - Killed Moltres and Zapdos.
    - Never found Articuno.
    - Used Masterball on Mewtwo and looked for another one.
    - Replaced Charmander (didn't let him evolve) with Mewtwo.
    - Searched everywhere for Mew.
    - Restarted.

Back