• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stupid mistakes!

Gamewhale

lol --
Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    I caught a shiny Wingull in Ruby. Then a few weeks later, restared it without thinking... <_<

blubergate

Knowledgeable Pokemon Master!!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2013
    Definitely catching a shiney seel on my friends leafgreen, bragging to my other friends about it cos i thought i had caught it on my
    firered, when i came to show them, well he he he, i couldn't!

Arrmegedden

dang roosters
    Years
  • I accidently PWNed dialga in one hit......... But luckly I saved before. And I also was trying to weaken giratina when it had 10 health or so. But once again I saved.

I caught a shiny Wingull in Ruby. Then a few weeks later, restared it without thinking... <_<

What a coincadince I also found a shiny wingull in in ruby. And I accidently regirock. But once again I saved.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2008
    Just two weeks ago I restarted Leaf Green and the first Metapod I saw was shiny. I had only three pokeballs so I got it down to 1 hp or so. Somehow it broke out of the pokeballs though and beat itself using struggle. I haven't seen another in that game yet but i'm hoping I do.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    That really annoyes me off when that happens so now i make sure i dont go under 20 balls

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • when I finally caught myself a Bagon I didn't save and I fell asleep (The game was either in sleep mode or the charger) and it seems I overslept and when dad came in... *poof!*

sayonara, Bagon....... T_T

~~~~~

a few months later, somebody traded me a bagon (although, I was supossed to get something else but... my loss was made up for =3)

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    I ran into a Shiny Graveler at Mt. Silver and I did not have anything to catch it with...

When I got Blue when I was like 7 I was stuck in the protagonist's house....

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Oh, I have had a good few laughs now xD don't feel bad though. I do stupid stuff in every game I own... take Resident Evil 4 (Wii edition), there are 4 bear traps (You know, the foot trap thingy's with big metal pointy things xD) so I shoot 3 of them, because the 4th one was out of the way, and I didn't want to wast ammo, guess what I do, walk right over the trap, because I thought I saw handgun ammo :(:(:(:( but that was offtopic.

Hmm... Pokemon mistakes eh? Well, in Mystery Dungeon (Blue) I went to battle Zapdos, and I use this strategy right? I get Electrike or Manectric to join my team, because they absorb electric attacks, but when I got in, I forgot to get the friend area first... I died, lets just leave it at that.

I also have killed a legendary without thinking... I think it was Rayquaza. But I was fighting and got frustrated, I said to myself 'I'm gonna kill this thing in a sec' because it wouldn't stay in the ultra ball, then I had dinner, left it on sleep mode, and when I came back I used my most powerful attack and killed it, I looked at it for a bit, then I clicked, I went 'GOD DAMMIT!' when I realized :(

Speaking of sleep... it's 5:53am here at the moment, and I haven't slept a wink... I am gonna be sooo tired later... ah well!!

Years
  • My first Pokemon game was silver. This was back before I knew anything about Pokemon, AND I was fairly young at the time. I used my only Master Ball on a Donphan. I look back on it now and just think "wow..." >.>

austin00081

young money
    Years
  • Let's see...
    In Blue Version I did the missingno-item cloning hack one too many times.
    And I also believed in the Mewthree.

Gold Version I KO'ed the red gyarados, my friend traded me a shiny celebi (hacked obviously), and I started a new game.

Sapphire Version I KO'ed Kyogre.

Nothing big has happened in Diamond yet.

And to this day, I have never caught or ran into a wild, legit shiny pokemon.
    I'm so distressed (jk).
    ;3

Simplicity

~♥~
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2019
    Well, once I did accidentally escape from Articuno in my Fire Red game, but luckily I saved it...lucky~! D:

Um, another time I wanted to catch a certain Pokemon and then I came across one and I realised that I had no more pokeballs left. D<

Back