• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stupid Pokédex

skorupoke

Skorupi! Use Poison Fang!
Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2022
    I know this is old news, but the Pokédex says Arcanine is legendary. This isn't true, so why did Nintendo do this?
    And, why do those annoying little kids think LUCARIO is LEGENDARY???

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Well Arcanine is not a ledgendary per se but it is just a 'legendary' in sense of you dont see them too often and theyre majestic and shizz

and Lucario? I guess it is because you can only get it once in the game? other I would not have any idea...

The Apprentice™

PC's Offical Gangsta
    Years
  • I know this is old news, but the Pokédex says Arcanine is legendary. This isn't true, so why did Nintendo do this?

Cause in a sense he is rare because you can't catch him wild, I guess,

And, why do those annoying little kids think LUCARIO is LEGENDARY???

Maybe because they're kids and they don't know better I don't know, but that's just my guess.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • You don't see many around, besides when I was little I thought Sharpedo was a legendary (I read the booklet and didn't bother looking on the box). But Arcanine is in legendary history, so for that reason is why it is classified as that.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Arcanine used to have the highest BST of all non-legendary pokemon (was recently beaten out by Slaking and, I may be wrong, Togekiss...), so he is almost as rare and almost as powerful as the real legendaries. :P
    ...not to mention that a certain PC admin named after the fire dog is also very rare and very powerful. XD

...As for Lucario...everyone thought it was a legendary when we were being fed pre-release info from D/P. :P

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • The most logical suspected reason was that Arcanine was planned to be a legendary, but they didn't go through with the idea. A lot of things can back up this reason; for example, the plaque with the legendary birds AND arcanine, the pokedex entry, Arcanine's design origin, etc.

Novices in Pokemon think Lucario is a legendary probably because he was the star in a movie. He also set up this little ~aura sphere~ trend.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Acanine is legendary.
    Just not, y'know, legendary legendary.
    Or something like that -_-

As for lucario, he is probably one of the most over hyped pokemon there is, so no doubt that some newbies are going to mistake him for a legendary. If I didn't know better, I would even say he's a legendary with all the attention that guy gets.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Actually, considering the sudden entry of over 9000 new "legendaries" in Generation IV, I'd say that Arcanine is way more legendary than the majority of the legs....
    It's older, it's got nice stats, and it's the only way to unleash the fury! Running chinese dog ftw! :D

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • Arcanine is called a legendary pokemon meaning it's specie is called a legendary pokemon because it has a legendary history and grace, as to Lucario cuz of it's role in the movie

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Arcanine: On some of the games, it says in some places Arcanine are considered legendary because they are hardly seen, they look majestic and regal etc.
    Lucario: Probably that movie with Mew in. So I say lets all blame the anime. xD

Back