• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stupid Pokemon Things You Did/Thought When you Were Little *revived*

dudegirl626

schOOL TOMMOROW
Years
  • Oh, when I was playing emerald, one of my pokemon had been poisoned, and the screen shook every few steps. Needless to say, I had no idea what was going on and I must have been sobbing for about half an hour, thinking my new game was broken, when it fainted and the shaking stopped.
    I figured it out about a year later. :P

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I only leveled up Charizard, and somehow managed to beat the whole Elite 4 with it in Red (it was around LV 70, and the rest of my team was LV 45-ish Pokemon I caught in Victory Road.) In the same game, I killed Zapdos, Moltres and Mewtwo without saving, then used my Master Ball on Articuno. Oh, and I taught Charizard Cut.

It's a wonder I even made it through that game. DX

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    eltono burn, i so knw what your talking about! my cousin told me that if yu press right left triggers and right and left on anoolog pad, you'd have a better chance of catching pokemon I always did it.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    When I first started playing I thought that the games were based off the anime. :P

Years
  • When I was around 8 or something I got my first Pokemon game (Gold) and I read somewhere that if you beat the Elite four you get a Charizard and a Mew ... So I did it and when I found out he never gave it to me I got really annoyed and didn't play for a month ... and I wasted a Master ball on a Ponyta ... Oh well.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    A lot of these things are very common, on the pressing buttons for pokeballs thing, I wouldnt be suprised if certain button combinations for certain pokemon in the early games affected the rng to make it more likely to catch pokemon. When I did something like hold down a+b and an arrow I almost always caught pokemon and almost never did when I didnt press any buttons.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    I always believed that there was a king unown if you did catch all the unowns, and I was like uncoding their symbols and means...

Also I used to train my Pokémons on Viridian Forest like to 30

Second Coming of Jebus

pies be with you
    Years
  • When I got Red version when I was like 6 or 7 I speny an entire day inside Red's house. I kept complaining that I bought a "house game" or something lol. I didn't even figuire it out myself, my brother's friend showed me how to get out...2 days later.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2009
    I spent like 10 hours playing Red when I was a kid, and the next time I played it I accidentally started a new game thinking it wouldn't erase my previous one.

Years
  • lol I get what you went thru but mine went like this....

I bought my 1st poke game Silver and I kept chosing my starter and cutting off the game without saving. It took me 2 days to finally see the save option in the menu. T.T

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • when I got my first pokemon game, gold, when I was about 5, I made a random rap song about rare candy every time I found one. I also thought that if you went to Silver Cave at night, you would fine a green witch pokemon that evolved into a mewtwo at lvl 101

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • wow.. I didn't know how to get out of the house in Blue either! xD

but another thing.. thats really sad.. is..I..I...though Mewthree was real! (cries)

Team Rockets Rockin

Rocket Revival
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2012
    The first time I played through Pokemon Red (yeah the original) I had no idea where the Rock Tunnel was. So I walked in between Ceruelen and Vermillion until my friend finally showed me where to go.

Dragonzord

Metagame x Metamon
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    i fought bock woith a partysimilar to this

Pikachu lv less than 15
    pidgeotto lv 11
    nidoran male
    nidoran female
    metapod
    caterpie

i finally beat him with a good string of critical hits. Never used a mankey or a butterfree. i fremember i used tackle on onix woth nidoran male and it was like "Critical Hit...Its not very effective, onix fainted" i was like "Not very effective..... but i beat him!!!"

Ahhh good times.

Another stupid thing i did was get lost in the lighthouse in crystal.

But the stupidest pokemon thing i ever did was thiss....

One bay in first grade, i went to go print out a pokemon blue cheat, so i went to print selection yada yada.......

so long story short it didnt work and i prited over 150 pages (or more) of BS-use-strength-on-the-truck-and-then-fight-E4-151-times-cheats. i tried everyone. SO close to those pokegods.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I SPENT HOURS TRYING TO GET TO THE ORANGE ISLANDS AFTER I READ A CODE FOR IT ON THE INTERNET.

THERE'S SUPPOSED TO BE A MONK ON TOP OF THE TIN TOWER WHO SAYS THERE'S A SKYBOAT THAT TAKES YOU THERE. HAHAHAHAHHAHA OH WOW.

Andcetera

Jigglypuff~<333
    Years
  • When i was younger i thought that the longer you left the pokemon in the daycare the higher you pokemons level went.
    So I left my gameboy on for a few hours(went to school)
    and the levels didnt go up when i came back D:

Back