• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stupid Pokemon Things You Did/Thought When you Were Little

jmadude

Keybledar43
    Years
    I released my lv. 98 Swampert because I heard that if you released your starter and saved the game the starter would come back with a Mew and you would be able to catch it.

Lash

Years
    When I thought that if you were to stay up till 2AM with a Pokemon card under your pillow, that the Pokemon on the card would come to life.

fishrocker

the fish that rocks
    Years
    When I first played Crystal or Silver (I forget which one) I didn't think the Master Ball was that special. They were my first game, and I haven't heard of the Master Ball on the show, so I thought it was normal. In Victory Road, I battled a LVL32 Onix, and weakened it to yellow. I then proceded to use the Master Ball. I thought I was cool!

Sonikku

Super Speedie Sweetie
    Years
    Hold down the B button to reduce the damage you take!
    I still do that out of habit to this day <_<
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you hold a button and press right on the arrow pad but seriously I convinced pikachu37 that his regigigis won't listen to him because he isn't telling him what move to use so he has to scream it into the mic, he sereoulsly has no clue

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    XD When I was younger I:
    Always called Ho-Oh Ho-Ho so I was like "I cant find Ho-Ho" aka.Santa Clause XD
    Played Red, traded a Pokemon from blue with cut, missed out the S.S Anne, got surf and badge to use it, went to the mew truck...and got nothing. ;_;
    Put my Pokemon Yellow under the tap because my brother said it would get "better." XD Now everythings all...blocky. :\ :D

Ashbox

Switched Accounts
    Years
    I believed the pokegods were real :3.

they are real....your just not worthy to see them ;)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    i did something beyond stupid when i was little.....i thought my gameboy was broken because the screen kept making noises and shifting when i played Pokemon red......only to find out from getting it back from "repairs" that it was only my Pokemon...which was poisoned .......:laugh:

Years
    When I was 8, my sister, who was 5, told me that Raichu evolved into something called Airchu, which looked like a big Pikachu with red legs. I actually believed her for a while. I even saw a knockoff import toy set at the fleamarket, and one of the toys in it resembled the supposed Airchu, so I believed it more.

Of course, she also told me that there was a bumper on Cartoon Network where the PowerPuff Girls all shake their butts out of the O in "Cartoon Cartoons," and I believed that too... somewhat...

Ashbox

Switched Accounts
    Years
    When I was 8, my sister, who was 5, told me that Raichu evolved into something called Airchu, which looked like a big Pikachu with red legs. I actually believed her for a while. I even saw a knockoff import toy set at the fleamarket, and one of the toys in it resembled the supposed Airchu, so I believed it more.

Of course, she also told me that there was a bumper on Cartoon Network where the PowerPuff Girls all shake their butts out of the O in "Cartoon Cartoons," and I believed that too... somewhat...

take the word "Airchu" .... and move the R to the front of the word.....
    it spells "Raichu".....your sister didn't make it up....she just read it wrong...
    from there on out is from your own imagination..... =p

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2014
    I believed that Mewthree existed :D

Also that Larvitar, Pupitar and Tyranitar were grass types :/

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    I had a tendency to also believe released pokémon would stay where you released it, and could be recaught over and over again. Guess what happened with my 3 evolved starters. xD

I also believed that if you saw Bill's PokéDex info on Eevee and the Eeveelutions at his house 50 times each, he would let you know about some secret garden behind his house, and that powerful Pokémon could be caught there.

And also, I thought that if you had a team of 6 Pokémon with Strength and you went to the Vermilion truck, you'd be able to move it, and find Mew in a Poké Ball under it. =D

Ah, the good years...xD

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    When I first started playin', I believed that Magikarp was God. Two days later, I was destroying Magikarps with my Gyradoes.

Also, I walked around Palet Town until it hit me that I need to go further north. XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    I also thought that you could recapture released Poke's, and that Pikachu was the most powerful Pokemon.

Years
    I used to think the attack Tail Wag was psychic and that its effect was to make the opponent faint.

But, again, that's what my little sister told me... It turns out she'd watched the episode where Misty first learns about Psyduck's attacks from the Pokédex, and when Misty told Psyduck to do Tail Wag, and it Tail Wagged the humans instead of the opponent, and the humans did that anime cliche faint thing that means "Oh geez," she'd mistaken that reaction for the effect of the attack. When I saw that episode, I saw immediately that that wasn't the effect.

.FoX.

Blaine's Succesor
    Years
    I wanted pokemon to be real sooo much, that I constantly threw a pokeball I made, at my dog... poor dog got hit alot.

Back