• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stupid Rumors

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Version of game:G/S/C
    Rumor:If you breed shines, the hatched pokemon will be shiny.
    Heard it where:Some fat guy at my dad's friends birthday party.

I heard that, due to the way shininess is determined, that this is partially true. I think they said that it was a 1/64 chance that the child of a shiny Pokemon will become shiny.

silverdreams92

Team Rocket member at heart
    Years
  • Version: Yellow
    Rumor: You can get Brock and Misty on your team.
    Heard it from: Internet.
    I remember that one. I was so disapointed when they didn`t join you.

Version of Game: Blue and Red (Possibly Yellow)
    Rumour: There was a move that could only be learned by Onix. It could be used out of battle, and if you went to a specific town, it would destroy all of the rocks that blocked you from getting to the water. If you surfed there, you would eventually get to Bulbasaur Valley, Charmander Mountain, and Squirtle Lake (I think those were the names of the places.) You would be able to catch as many Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle as you wanted there.
    Heard It Where: My friend, about 11 years ago. I never believed him.

Last edited:

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • When I was 8 years old, I believed this and I spent 3 weeks trying to do this lol-
    Games- G/S/C
    Rumor- That you could find an item called the skip rope and you could use it to get past Bruno in the elite 4 (lol classic retardism from me)
    Heard From- A friend a year older than me.

I still can't believe I believed that.

Zan

Electric Mad!
    Years
  • In Blue/Red

Thinking if u made the s.s.ann ship stay
    (by fanting on bored so it never left)
    that if u came back with surf, u culd surf at the Very begining of the boat (befor u enter it but passed the tix guy)
    that u culd Just surf right and mew wuld be there.

(tred it like a dumdum i was)

Herd it from a so called freand >.< i hated him afta that XP

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I used to think that the move Splash had about a 0.1% chance of doing something, and it could wipe out the opponents whole team or something.

Juu-Chan

partGiratinabutwon'tsaywh ere
    Years
  • Oh, how I wish these rumours were true : )

Games:. Pretty much any
    Rumor:. Holding down the B button when you've thrown a Pokeball and it will instantly act as if it were a Masterball
    Heard From:. An evil evil friend of mine > : 3

And to think I thought it worked too, for the longest time...

/Wishful thinking

Oяiginal

Experienced Trainer
    Years
  • Games: G/S/C
    Rumor: If you defeat the elite four 123 times you will get a chance to catch Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres
    Heard where: Internet

I actually tried to do that as I was young back then, thankfully my Typholosion and Feraligatr became level hundred after I defeated the Elite Four 100+ times but not 123 times, eventually I got tired of Gold and there was no other place that backed this up.

Thankfully now that I'm older and have good internet sources I seriously doubt that I will be fooled anymore

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Not really a rumor, but:

Version of game:Red/Blue
    Rumor:If you have played the Red/Blue versions of Pokemon, you may know about the popular Mew cheat near Cerulean City, but Nintendo claims that it is only a rumor, and it's impossible to get Mew w/o an event/mystery gift
    Heard it where:Internet

Version; Ruby/Sapphire
    Rumor; Talk to the guy at the Space Center until he says the the flights are success and asks you if you'd like to go. You fly somewhere and voila, Deoxys.
    Means; surfer sur Internet
    I remember hearing that one.

Last edited:

Rage Gyarados

Master of Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    version of game:leafgreen
    rumor:mew sticks its tail out in cerulean cave when finding mewtwo
    heard it from:my cousin

and that when magikarp get to lvl 100 it learns roar of time lol why would he think that

Last edited:

Painter

BEWARE THE LETTUCE CHILDREN!
    Years
  • game - firered/leafgreen
    rumor - beat the elite 4 100 times with just mewtwo and go to where mewtwo was and find mewthreeX
    place - internet

game - ruby/sapphire
    rumor - so to the space station on launch #100 and u will be able to go on it and go into space were u can battle deoxys
    place - internet
    wow people r dumb

VictorP1

Dialga Tamer
    Years
  • Games: D/P/PL & SS/HG
    Rumor: Palkia is better than Dialga
    Heard: School, friends, you name it
    Proof right: It's wrong
    Proof Wrong: I battled with Dialga against a Palkia same level. Palkia went first with spacial rein. 3/4 dammage to Dialga. Dialga uses Roar Of Time: KO Palkia, Dialga wins!
    Note: DIALGA WILL BEAT PALKIA ANY TIME ANY DAY, WHICH DOESN'T MATTER CUZ DIALGA CONTROLS TIME!!!

xXI JOE IXx

Rumor: Palkia is better than Dialga
    Heard: School, friends, you name it
    Proof right: It's wrong
    Proof Wrong: I battled with Dialga against a Palkia same level. Palkia went first with spacial rein. 3/4 dammage to Dialga. Dialga uses Roar Of Time: KO Palkia, Dialga wins!
    Note: DIALGA WILL BEAT PALKIA ANY TIME ANY DAY, WHICH DOESN'T MATTER CUZ DIALGA CONTROLS TIME!!!

I think base stats say Palkia is strongest, I dunno though

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Dialga and Palkia have the exact same base stat total, at 680. They share this total with Giratina, Rayquaza, Ho-Oh, Lugia and Mewtwo. Only Arceus has a higher total. [/trivia]

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
    Years
  • Version: R/S/E and so on
    Rumor: Catch a Plusle and Minun, give one a Soothe Bell, one a Macho Brace (or was it Focus Band?) and put them in the daycare. You know where this is going but... If they really really like each other there's a chance the egg will hatch into a Minusle. :D

Do you know the ammount of times I tried that?

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2013
    Version of Game:Gold & Silver
    Rumor: Capture Celebi-Call Proffesor Elm at 7:00 in the morning at at night every day for 7 days. On the 8th day he will call you and say Proffesor Oak died and you should come to his lab in New Bark Town. When you get there he will give you the G/S Ball to tak to the Ilex Forest shrine and fight Celebi.
    Heard from: Friend in 7th grade.

Version of Game: every game from Red & Blue to Emerald
    Rumor: Give any ball 100% catch rate-if you press down the B button at just the right time (right as the ball drops on the ground) and hold it down while the ball is shaking the ball will always capture the Pokemon.
    Heard from:Internet(various cheat sites)

Johto's Best

Luck > Skill
    Years
  • Version: R/B/Y
    Rumor: If you beat the league 100 times the old man in vermillion builds you a gym, and you become the new eigth gym leader and can design your own gym!
    Heard from: Internet and friends.

I believed this, and R/S/E were already out, but I went back and beat the league a ton of times...nothing!

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Version: Yellow
    Rumor: If you defeated the Elite 4 30 times Mew would appear in your PC. However, 1 in 10 games were glitched, and if you had one of these glitched games, you had to defeat the Elite 4 90 times before you could obtain Mew.
    Heard from: My cousin who had been told by his friend. We both believed it.

Version: G/S/C
    Rumor: If you defeated the Pokemon League 100 times, instead of the credits rolling, there's a cut screen that said "20 years later" and you discover that your player has gotten married and had a son. You became a Gym leader when you became an adult and your son is the League champion. Apparently the only thing left to do was to challenge the League again and face your son, whose Pokemon were all level 100 and legendry. If you beat him he takes you to the champions room and inducts you into a more supreme Hall Of Fame.
    Heard from: My friend whilst I was in Year 3/4.

Version: R/S
    Rumor: If you went too far to the edges on the top floor of Lilycove's Mart, you could fall off and die, and had to restart the game from the beginning.
    Heard from: The same friend who told me the above rumour. I was terrified of going to the top floor because of him.

Back