• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stupid Warnings

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    long time ago i remember a sign "road wet when rain" or something like that, it was stupid :P

Years
    Those "Slow Children Crossing" & "Road wet when raining" signs are hilarious. xD

On most brands of Christmas lights:
    For indoor or outdoor use only.
    That does make some sense. Y'know, indoor or outdoor, as opposed to space, volcanoes, underground, underwater, or in a doorway. xDD

The stupidest instructions are on Shampoo bottles. "...Rinse and repeat." You wash your hair, rinse it out, wash your hair, rinse it out, wash your hair, rinse it out... OMG- I'm OUT OF SHAMPOO!!!1! Then you have to run to the store, get another bottle, and the process starts over again.

I think I saw on a toaster once, "Do not use in bathtub or in the rain" xD

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I think I just remembered an Anime that includes that....it's called "Yakitate! Japan"
    I think the story goes like this:
    One Old Lady was washing her cat,
    Her cat took longer to dry off,
    She put her cat into her oven,
    She Sue The Company that made the oven,
    The Lawyer says that the Product should have the warning:
    "Do not put cat on the Oven" instead off
    "Warning: Hot Surface"
    That's not the story of the anime but...the story of an episode.
    P.S. The Cat died

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    This reminds me of "Headlines" on the Lay Leno show.

I once saw a high-powered vacuum cleaner instruction book that included a warning: "Do not insert penis."

Also, ever noticed how every single shampoo battle says, "Repeat"... who honestly washes their hair twice in a single shower?

I've seen a lot of crazy things on products... like nutrional facts on bottles of water. Ever read those? It's 0 in every stat. Total fat in a bottle of water... know what that implies? That implies that there's water out there... with little chunks of fat in it. And I've gotta get a hold of some of that, 'cause THAT is the tasty water. [/lewisblack]

Oh, and:

I think I saw on a toaster once, "Do not use in bathtub or in the rain" xD

Hey, I personally love a few pieces of toast while I take a bath.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    XDDDDDD
    Seriously...Some of the warnings on products today are plain stupid....
    it's sad to see that people are selling their common sense away to gain money...
    Honestly I think all lawsuits like that should be thrown out of court...Why pay people to be stupid?

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    XDDDDDD
    Seriously...Some of the warnings on products today are plain stupid....
    it's sad to see that people are selling their common sense away to gain money...
    Honestly I think all lawsuits like that should be thrown out of court...Why pay people to be stupid?

Oh, I completely agree! But, in a technical sense, the courts can not judge based on common sense. If a liquid sold by a company is hot and burns someone, and there's no warning that it's hot... it's a liable lawsuit. I don't think its fair (especially how juries are notorious for being racist with the notion that blacks do more crimes than whites), but it's our law.

Don't get me wrong, it's completely taking advantage of both our courts and the companies. But then again, we live in a country where tobacco kills thousands upon thousands each year... so we ban aritificial sweetener for a while. So what do you expect?

I'm personally waiting for someone to sue a tobacco company because they don't get lung cancer or the likes. (Kurt Vonnegut, who was a very heavy smoker) said that once: "It's a classy way to commit suicide."

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    OK, RS.

I think the ones on Pokemon games are ironic.

They say: "Basic reading ability is needed to fully enjoy this game."

But if you don't have basic reading ability, you can't even read that.

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
    Years
    i was eating a jar of pickled eggs at me nans once, and on the lable, it said 'caution: may contain egg'
    that stupid enough for ya

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I just noticed something stupid on the box that the pizza we're making came in... I was checking it to find out the temperature that I needed to set the oven on, and right under the words BAKING INSTRUCTIONS it said, "Cook before eating". Just thought that was dumb. XD;

I've heard of some others, like on one lottery ticket it says, "Do not iron". Ooookay. There's also another on a shirt or something that says, "Remove child before folding".

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    The only one stupid thing I've come across is a packet of yeast which says on it:

'ALLERGY WARNING: Contains yeast'

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Stupid Warnings

tats teh stoopidest warning olol

jk

The stupidest warning I saw was:

Warning: Contents contain hot tea. May be hot.

Back