• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Stylus or sans?

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
  • How many people on PC use their stylus where a stylus use is optional. Such as Battles, Menu Screens and sometimes on the over-world map?

Do you find it useful or a hindrance and explain why.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • A hinderance since it get's in the way and is unnecessary. Using your fingers is much quicker and more efficient. It's like eating pizza without a knife and fork and using your hands instead: less effort required.

I'm lazy.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Using a stylus is kinda slow for me. It's way easier not using the touch screen at all, at least for me.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't use the stylus much because I'm lazy. But there are times when I do use the stylus, like screwing around with one of my Poketch apps or when I'm making Poffins.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I hope this isn't just me, but I always have to use the stylus when using the bottom touchscreen. For me, I can't stand having dirty screens whether it be on my laptop, desktop, ipod whatever. So whenever I do need to use the touch screen, I never use my fingers and only use my stylus. But if I've lost it, I just use the directional buttons and whatnot to play the game, and move on from things that I might want to do involving the touch screen.

T!M

Years
  • I hope this isn't just me, but I always have to use the stylus when using the bottom touchscreen. For me, I can't stand having dirty screens whether it be on my laptop, desktop, ipod whatever. So whenever I do need to use the touch screen, I never use my fingers and only use my stylus. But if I've lost it, I just use the directional buttons and whatnot to play the game, and move on from things that I might want to do involving the touch screen.

I agree, I can't stand a dirty screen. That's why I refrain from using the stylus at all, unless I'm playing in the POKeAthalon or doing Contests. Other then that, it's the D-Pad and A-Y buttons.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I swap quite often, but I'm usually fine going without the stylus (but I do sometimes use my fingernail to select options anyway).

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I hope this isn't just me, but I always have to use the stylus when using the bottom touchscreen. For me, I can't stand having dirty screens whether it be on my laptop, desktop, ipod whatever. So whenever I do need to use the touch screen, I never use my fingers and only use my stylus. But if I've lost it, I just use the directional buttons and whatnot to play the game, and move on from things that I might want to do involving the touch screen.

Yep. I always use the pen. I have a touchscreen computer, and i hate how dirty it gets.

Years
  • I mostly don't use my stylus, usually the only times I use it is when I'm dressing up Pokemon/making Poffins.

Years
  • I always use my stylus rather than my finger/buttons for using the bottom screen. Maybe it's just because the first thing I do when I play my DS is pull the stylus out and keep holding onto it, so I'd never think twice about having to use it.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I swap quite often, but I'm usually fine going without the stylus (but I do sometimes use my fingernail to select options anyway).

It's funny, even though I wouldn't do that, even if I tried, I wouldn't be able to lol -- I bite my fingernails out of habit, and there's no way my less than half a centimetre nails are going to touch that screen. xD;

But on the subject, my sister users her fingers all the time.

Years
    I hate dirty screens and fingerprints as well. Imagine how many times I had to wipe my GBM because there were fingerprints all over the metal body @_@

But I still use my fingers instead of the stylus, although I still use the stylus when precision is required like stirring poffins. I don't get fingerprints over my DS screen though, because I have a screen protector from my DS :D
    Stylus or sans?

Pinta77

I perfer to use a stylus. But i cant always find one. And sometimes it's hard to hold the screen up (one of my hinges broke) hold a stylus, use it, and press buttons.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • For HG/SS I'll use the stylus most of the time since those games are pretty stylus oriented. But for the others I'll use the d-pad and then the stylus when necessary. I hate using my fingers and refuse to since it ruins the screen. :(

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I never use my stylus, except for nicknaming Pokemon since it's quicker to tap than move the d-pad around. I also tap the attack commands with my finger sometimes because I multitask often, but BLAH too much effort to pull out the stylus.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    The menu and other interface buttons are typically big enough to just use my fingers, so I hardly pull my stylus out. The only time I really use the stylus is for mini-games and such (e.g. mixing poffins or Pokeathlon events)

T!M

Years
  • Eh, since the game isn't heavy on stylus use, I'm usually too lazy to take it out. I'll use the buttons and d-pad most of the time, resorting to my fingernails only when I'm feeling lazy :P

Feel the same way, but everytime I do touch the screen I grit my teeth while doing it. Feeling the shame of dirtying my shiny Touch Screen.

Back